Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO Reviews

Ultrasone DJ1 PRO Reviews

T.R.A.N.C.E.

Pure Awesome ;0

I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000.   The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound stage of the four headphones.  Treble is refined and detailed but doesn't pierce like 770 and 550, while UE6000 treble is lifeless. Mids are recessed on all four headphones, but not too much, the DJ1 Pro still has the most fleshed out mids of the four. Bass is in line with treble, only slight V shape, DJ1 Pro bass hits the hardest and deepest of the four, quality bass hard hitting bass, but still fairly balanced and detailed. If you want more bass than this you are beyond help, go...
Parall3l

Not the best choice as an entry to higher end audio

Pros: Detachable cables, plastic seems tough, rugged case, GREAT soundstage, sexy

Cons: not the most comfortable cans ever, pads can get hot, was expecting more bass

I bought these as my entry to higher end audio on my birthday. I guess I should have bought the HFI-580 instead because they don't have as much bass I was expecting. (saving up for a PRO900 should fix that) The soundstage on these are great, I thought it was my mum calling me during the demo CD where they had some background speech playing. The cans do not clamp my head hard enough, and the size of my head is considered to be above average. I can feel the headband moving slightly when I'm moving my head. These cans are very sexy although they are pretty big. The cable included is gold plated and very thick, I'm sure I can use the wires to strangle someone if necessary (not that I plan...