Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Custom › Ultimate Ears UE 5 Pro › Ultimate Ears UE 5 Pro Reviews

Ultimate Ears UE 5 Pro Reviews

hagosrush

Balanced Isolated Greatness

Pros: 26db of isolation, perfect fit for your ears, excellent sound, build quality

Cons: Sibilance when driven hard without proper amplificaiton, 26db of isolaiton

To start, I purchased these for two reasons. I am a live audio engineer, so I use these for mixing monitors and as my personal monitors when I sing Tenor as part of my group.   These have two speakers per ear. Low/Mid and High. 119db @1mw with an impendance of 21 ohms which means your iphone can drive these quite poorly.   My initial View: I have been wanting a pair of custom in ears for quite some time and was looking at all of the different brands for around one year or so. I tend to take my time when it comes to anything that I may not be able to return. After much time, reviews, and a choice I decided to go with the UE5's over the UE7 or UE11....