Gotta Be Considered A Best Buy!!

A Review On: Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Case

Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Case

Rated # 5 in Universal Fit
Hijodelbrx

Pros: Sound Quality

Cons: Fit (for some)

I bought these to replace my old friends; the UE Super Fi 5, that broke after 7 yrs due to MY mishandling.  I'll try to keep this short as SO MUCH has been written about these classic earphones!  I'm a longtime audiophile (30+ yrs!).  TT - Linn LP12/Lingo/Ittok IV/Ortofon Blaupunkt, CD - Arcam FMJ CD 23T, Amp - Music Reference RM9 (tube), Preamp - Audio Research LS15 (tube), Phono Preamp - Audio Research PH3 (tube) , Spkrs - Spendor S100, this makes up the bulk of my rig, along with racks, cables, and a few other toys.  I've got an Ol' School headphone rig -  Sennheiser HD600's with a Musical Fidelity tube headphone amp, that I've owned for close to a decade.  While my system isn't the best of the best or the latest and greatest, I'm confident in my ability to determine good sound.  That said, the fact that one can achieve this level of sonic performance with a pair of buds straight out of a stock Ipod (a mid-fi component at it's best) is nothing short of a miracle!  I'll add that flip-flopping (reversing) the earpieces should be considered mandatory!  I never did this with my SF5's as I only learned of this method recently (here!), it's been a revelation in every way, the earpieces along with the all-important 'seal', 'lock' into position and don't budge 'til you decide it's time.  I paid less for the TF10's than I did for the SF5's, an absolute win-win for me!  At the price these bad boy's can be had for now, it's a no-brainer!

Comments: