Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Ultimate Ears 500 › Reviews › TheOv3rminD's Review

Awesome headphones at a great price!

A Review On: Ultimate Ears 500

Ultimate Ears 500

Rated # 39 in Universal Fit
TheOv3rminD

Pros: Sound quality, Comfort

Cons: very stiff cord, tips pop off easily

These are some of the very best earbuds that I have ever owned. The sound quality is very very good, clear and crisp along all frequencies. Very good good highs too. I got some free UE-350's and put them in to compare them and they sounded offensive! I threw them in the trash. I also got some free 150's and they sounded surprisingly good compared to the 500's. If you don't care about the goofy design of the 150's you can save 30 bucks and get those instead. These are also very good to fall asleep with. I can lay on my side with it in my ear and have no discomfort, which is very important to me and I couldn't seem to find anyone mention when I was reading reviews. The cords do transfer A LOT of sound at the slightest movement but this can be abated by bending the ridgid cord in a certain pattern (you'll figure it out). Definitely a recommend buy for anyone that wants great sound without spending hundreds of dollars. Thanks for reading.

I'm still breaking mine in, so i'm not ready to make an educated review of them. I even started pulling out my Sennheiser CX300II's to compare. These are definitely more detailed and controlled, but I'm also enjoying the sound signature of the Sennheisers. It's more FUN than these so far...but we'll see with more burn in time?
Also I'm not sure how long i'll be using these as my go to pair of IEM's, as I ordered and have Tri-fi 10's coming in the next few days.
The UE 500's are my favorite dynamic driver IEM's. They have surpassed my Sennheiser IE80's, 880's, and 300II's, my MEE CC51's, Monoprice 8320's, and V-Moda Bass Freqs in preferred sound signature and every day use. Simply a wonderfully balanced, detailed, and textured IEM that's so affordable. I prefer them even to my TF 10's. Imagine that! Bying some RE-ZEROS, so I'll compare them to my 500's soon.