Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Custom › UE 11 Pro › UE 11 Pro Reviews

UE 11 Pro Reviews

Showing 3 4-star reviews (see all 4 reviews)

melomaniac

fun and punchy IEMs

Pros: great lively sound

Cons: a bit heavy on the bass

this is a super high quality IEM, very comfortable and isolating, with sparkly and punchy sound that lends itself best to bass-intensive recordings - whether this means reggae or rock, church organ or rhythm&blues is up to you to decide. it's a little less dependent on amplification in my opinion than the UERM. you'll be surprised to listen to a piano, for instance, on this one: it acquires bigger stomp without being thrown off balance completely. really good also with some classical recordings of big orchestras. watch the volume control, this is a very dynamic IEM!
mCrane

UE 11 Pro. Extraordinary Clear Sound. Beautiful Sound Stage. Change Cables every 6 months or so for best sound.

Pros: Clarity. Sound Stage. Comfort. Life like.

Cons: Cables tend to oxidize over time (turn green). Muffles high-end. I change them every 6 months to a year.

Previous IEM was the Shure 530, which I'd thought was good. The UE11 Pro was a revelation. Music sounded clearer with a better sound stage. I listen to loss-less digital off my Mac thru an off-board DAC. Base does seem to be heavy directly off of iPad or the Mac.  This goes away with the Off-board DAC revealing deep solid base with tone and pitch. The supplied cables tend to oxidize over time. This tends to muffle the high-end and loses detail. I replace the cables every 6 to 8 months (or when I  realize it needs new cables). I am very happy with these.
JwangSDC

Best IEMs Yet

Pros: Great sound

Cons: Uncomfortable and high fatigue

I've owned E2cs then e4cs, then E500's (Se530's), and then moved to UE-11's. I have to say I was unhappy with the sound moving up from my E500's. They were clearly better, but not as much better as I hoped. The UE-11's had a sharper sound to them and I guess I like the warmer sound signature if that means anything. But after listening for a while and trying the E500's again, I couldn't listen to them. Regardless of how I liked the type of signature, the UE-11's were just that much better.    I'd say they're worth the price for sure but definitely not a value headphone.