Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Turtle Beach Earforce x12 › Turtle Beach Earforce x12 Reviews

Turtle Beach Earforce x12 Reviews

Onemoar

Decent enough

Pros: Decent audio acceptable mids

Cons: usb powered cord is crap prone to twist-death

if you really wanna wake these babys up open them up and carefully cut the white dust shield off the holes HUGE difference lows are kickier, mid's are vibrant if you want more open sound but not a lot of reverberation add some cheap foam padding or dynamite or just don't open all the holes (I started with 3 per driver) but I did eventually open them all because I had extra dynamat these sound as good as my HAXR-900's did out of the box
Koenigseggfire

These things are remarkable. Fantastic for the average gamer, good for the pros.

Pros: Great volume and bass control, excellent mic, somewhat good looking, rotatable ear cuffs for different fits

Cons: The cable is way too long, one side could be slightly out of balance.

I have been using my X12s for a little more than a year and they never cease to amaze me. It makes gameplay so much more enjoyable because of the enhanced sound and adjustable bass levels. When I'm playing games in Halo, I can always tell what direction my foes are approaching me from because the X12s allow you to hear pretty much everything. They are also comfortable, enough; the tops of your ears may get sore after a long sitting. In my opinion, the X11s (the model wich these replaced) were a bit more comfortable because they where a tad lighter. But the X12's sound quality is by far better.      The only legitimate problem I have with these may be in my...
Remixin

Not Bad, But Not Great

Pros: Decent Sound Quality, Nice Microphone, little knob for a bit of Bass Boosting

Cons: Quite Uncomfortable

First off, I am a bit of an amateur in the sense of the audio world so I guess I'll let you decide how seriously to take this. I got these as a Christmas gift and did enjoy them quite a bit. I think impressed is too strong a word, but the sound quality was better than I had originally expected, it wasn't awful. There  also have a knob to adjust the level of bass present in the head set which I thought was a nice feature. But I'd imagine the main reason you'd buy a pair of these is for the microphone; buying these for headphones is like buying a scooter for everyday transportation, it'll work but that wasn't its intended purpose. Now the microphone, in my opinion, is quite good....
jose2014

Impressive overall quality

Pros: Great sound quality, very open sound, low price, high quality boom mic, good build quality, Adjustable bass boost, plenty of cable.

Cons: Hard ear pads, usb must be plugged in to play sound, to many cables, leak a high amount.

From a gamer's standpoint these headphones make an amazing gaming headset. The adjustable game volume, bass boost, and chat volume controls make it easy to adjust volumes to however you want them. With the bass boost turned all the way up the game sounds much more immersive with better sounding explosions. These do have lots of cables that can get annoying at time but are mainly unnoticeable during gameplay. The amp also produces a hum that is noticeable with no sound playing, i could not notice it once they had some sound going through them.    These headphones will not get your ears sweaty and are quite comfortable. The ear pads are a little hard and feel a like they...
gregjent89

LOVE THEM

Pros: Great sounds stage and awesome low end!!!

Cons: USB powered

These headphones are the best i've ever owned as far as a gaming hradset goes the sound stage is very wide and you hear things you cant with a cheap pair of headphones. the low end has a spectacular bump to it.