Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 Reviews

Tralucent Audio Ref 1 Reviews

moedawg140

Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons

Pros: Wide soundstage and unique presentation, does what it does pretty well.

Cons: Cable gets loose easily; fit, sound signature may not be for everybody. Price.

Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons     I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review.  I was interested in hearing what the hub-bub was all about regarding the Ref. 1.  I was interested further because most people who have heard it either love the musicality of the Ref. 1, or they do not like the musicality - there never seems to be any middle ground.  After listening to the Ref. 1, I now understand both sides of the opinions.   Here are some quick specs regarding the Tralucent Ref. 1:   Driver used:...
eke2k6

Not A 1plus2 Upgrade

Tralucent Audio: Ref 1.                                                                                    Foreword         The Ref 1 is the second major IEM release from Tralucent Audio. On first glance it appears to be the same hybrid design (dynamic driver + 2 balanced armatures working in unison) as their first offering, the 1plus2, but a quick listing of the features shows that to not be the case. Apart from relatively smaller...
Kunlun

A Good Sounding High-End Universal With Some Design and Quality Control Problems

Pros: Big, Full Bass; Large Soundstage; Clear Treble; Very Good Instrument Separation

Cons: Bass Quality Isn't Quite Top-Tier;Treble Timbre is Off; Poor Ergonomics, Poor Quality Control

Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1 set, that's great, no need to defend it here): Pros:-Real, air-moving bass sound thanks to the vented dual dynamic drivers. Bass is big, full and has great extension-Clear treble. I didn't hear sibilance and the treble avoids a dark sound as well.-Very good instrument separation-Big soundstage-I found the ref 1 to be less v-shaped in sound than the 1plus2 Cons:-Bass control is not top-tier at all. For some the amount of bass will be a problem as it's quite a...
AnakChan

Tralucent Ref 1: A speedy IEM with an addictive bass and a soundstage that challenges closed-back headphones

Pros: Raises the bar in "technical excellence" with its peers through is interpretation of bass, speed, soundstage. Driver flex on right IEM.

Cons: Fit is still a little fiddly like it's older brother 1Plus2, price, stock cable comfort

Introduction Tralucent Audio is a name that's appeared on Head-Fi only since August 2012 but has quickly made a name for themselves with their ability to challenge other IEM makers when it released it's 1Plus2. I reviewed that IEM last year as a love/hate relationship as I felt it excelled every aspect of audio technicalities an enthusiast or an audiophile seeks sonically but overall, didn't sound musical to my ears. My expectations of the 1Plus2 was eventually managed when I bought the earphone again but with the Tralucent Uber cable on the 2nd round. In short it took a little while for the 1Plus2 to get a little loving from me.   Now onto 2014, Tralucent Audio has done it again...
Wyd4

This is an IEM? Are you sure?

Pros: Addictive sound, Bass that has no place being in an iem, Out of head sound, sounds... Real

Cons: Sound sig wont be for everyone, too much bass for the feint of heart, pricey

Hi all,   I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working.   In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast range of music, but in particular live rock/acoustic/prog rock.   There is nothing like listening to Alice in Chains unplugged or Dream Theater and you can literally close your eyes and believe you are there.   These are nothing but disjointed thoughts at this stage, however as above, I will construct a meaningful review when I have a moment.
Kiats

Realistic Richness of Sound

Pros: Deep quality bass; deep and wide soundstage; great timbre on the mids; controlled trebles; great speed; musical signature

Cons: Needs 200+ hours burn in; ruthless in revealing weaknesses in the music or source

Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs.   I have had the Ref 1 for more than a month now. I opted for the Ref 1 to come with the Uber cable. The Ref 1 does in fact get better beyond 200 hours of use. There is no doubt that even before it is burnt in, the Ref 1's bass will wow the first time listener. However, with burn in, the timbre settles down and the quality of the bass shines through. And the Ref 1 is wonderfully musical.     Technical Details   As explained in AnakChan's review, the Ref 1 employs a pair of 9.2mm dynamic drivers...