Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 Reviews

Tralucent Audio Ref 1 Reviews

AnakChan

Tralucent Ref 1: A speedy IEM with an addictive bass and a soundstage that challenges closed-back headphones

Pros: Raises the bar in "technical excellence" with its peers through is interpretation of bass, speed, soundstage. Driver flex on right IEM.

Cons: Fit is still a little fiddly like it's older brother 1Plus2, price, stock cable comfort

Introduction Tralucent Audio is a name that's appeared on Head-Fi only since August 2012 but has quickly made a name for themselves with their ability to challenge other IEM makers when it released it's 1Plus2. I reviewed that IEM last year as a love/hate relationship as I felt it excelled every aspect of audio technicalities an enthusiast or an audiophile seeks sonically but overall, didn't sound musical to my ears. My expectations of the 1Plus2 was eventually managed when I bought the earphone again but with the Tralucent Uber cable on the 2nd round. In short it took a little while for the 1Plus2 to get a little loving from me.   Now onto 2014, Tralucent Audio has done it again...