Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Traformatic Audio Experience Head One › Traformatic Audio Experience Head One Reviews

Traformatic Audio Experience Head One Reviews

GeirTj

Trafomatic head-amp and pre-amp

Pros: Lots of tonal colour. Fantastic pre-amp too

Cons: Source toogle switch on back side

Just got this head-amp some days ago and already find it to sound very good on various phones of differing impedance and power requirements. The amp has a selector switch for 30, 100 and 300 Ohm phones plus line out. I have a pair of Audeze LCD-2 but my favourite phones are by far the Sennheiser HD800 which truly shines with this amp as well as with my Burson HA160. The treble is extended and the lows are tight and goes very deep. Even though it is a tube amp, the tonality seems very neutral and is by far the most detailed amp I've heard. Still, there is so much bottom grip and dynamics that listening through this amp becomes truly engaging. The amp conveys PRAT in spades. I must admit...
hodgjy

Mini Review

Pros: Excellent all around.

Cons: Not widely available. Limited tube rolling capabilities.

I've had my Trafomatic Experience Head One for a few days now and have put some hours on it.  I bought it secondhand, complete with tubes, so I'm assuming it has already been fully burned in.  I'm posting my impressions here in a little mini-review.  It is driving my HD600s, which I find to be a match made in heaven.   To understand where I'm coming from, I'll give a little bit of a background about me.  I grew up with Walkman cassette players and Discman CD players.  I listened to most of my music that way, complete with the cheap $1 headphones they throw in the box for you to use.  I didn't know any different.  I didn't know any better. ...