Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › TCG TE300 zebra in-ear earphone white

TCG TE300 zebra in-ear earphone white

Rated #642 in In-Ear

Pros: Comfort, Tonality, Soundstage

Cons: Strain Relief Absent

Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed, the passion of music grew in me, and that subsequently led me to join Head-Fi. I usually like to listen to Indian Classical Music along with Bollywood songs. My main listening genres include classical, vocal, instrumental, jazz and sometimes pop.  With time, my sonic preferences have very much grown. I avidly admire transparency, accuracy along with neutrality, I mostly listen to full sized open back headphones and my all-time favorite headphones are Sennheiser HD800 & AKG K812, which I run from solid state amplifiers. I prefer & admire transparent solid state headphone amplifiers simply because they provide best possible accuracy, transparency & reliability.

I am an average consumer & a humble enthusiast, I like to pen down my thoughts, & I love to express my feelings. I do not receive for any sort financial benefits through this review. My articles are a purely honest writeup aimed for fellow enthusiasts here at Head-Fi community. My profound thanks to TCG Audio.for arranging a sample unit of ‘TE300‘ for my evaluation.

Now, Im not really an IEM loving person.  But sometimes I do listen to IEM’s via DAP’s. Fidue A83 & Dunu DN2000J are the most performing IEM’s in my inventory.

Intro:  Founded in 2009, Listen To Science &Technology Co. Ltd, (known as TCG Audio outside China) is a company is located in Shenzhen economic corridor, China. TCG Specializes in designing and manufacturing budget audio devices ranging from DAP’s, desktop amp’s, portable amp’s, DAC’s and other products. TCG has a R&D team, which designs all of their products.

Even though a relatively newer establishment in the field, TCG Audio has a relative high following in China,  owing by their attractive local offerings. TCG Audio’s TE300 is their first low cost earphone priced at 35$ and it will compete with fellow IEM's under 50$.

Technical specifications of TE300:

Impedance: 32 ohm

Sensitivity:  108dB

Frequency response: 20 – 20000 Hertz

Drivers: 10mm neodymium

Cable: Oxygen Free Copper, braided type

Jack: Straight 3.5mm 3 pole

Let’s proceed to the review,

Packaging and Accessories: TE300 package arrives in a meeky cardboard box, a box which is quite weak and unstable. Packaging is not rugged & sufficient enough, and breaks apart easily. I hope packaging would improvise in future. Three pairs of good quality eartips are included as accessories. A pouch would have been nice, but again price is a limiting factor.

Points awarded: 5/10 (packaging definitely needs to improve)

Design and Build: The TE300 has a good overall build quality. housing shell is made up of high quality hard fibre material. These are very light in weight. Left and Right markings are hard to see, owing to their tiny marking. Surprisingly, Strain reliefs are completely absent, making cables prone to getting cut, but again manageable due to its well build cable.  Y splitter & jack have aluminium finishing. Cable has a very good build. Wires are braided, and a transparent coating is applied on outside edge. This gives cable a ‘high-end’ look.

Points awarded:  7/10 ( Very good, except strain relief is absent)

Comfort:  The TE300 is comfortable enough to wear in general; it is very  light weighed & ergonomically designed. These IEM’s are shallow insertion type & does not irritate our ear canals, since the nozzle is quite short. TE300 fits snugly & gives a good comfort even for long time.

Points awarded: 8/10 (satisfactory & comfortable)

Sound:  The TE300 has a warm tonality with ample soundstage. Musical in nature, not at all congested & relaxed presentation.

Burn in: These performed well right out of the box, and burn in provided little or no significant audible changes.  But on the safer side, Let’s say a playback of 20 hours provides very slight audible improvements.

Lows: are full bodied and refined; not very accurate.

Mids: warm, thick & musical. Vocals sound very pleasant & enjoyable.

Highs:  smoother treble, not very detailed or revealing.

Soundstage: Airy, relaxed and circular soundstage. Depth is excellent. Instrument separation is very good.

Compared to Brainwavz S0 & MEElectronics A151P which are a worthy mention  under 50$, TE300 has warmer tonality, fuller bass & a musical character. In terms of comfort, TE300 triumphs the former two with its light weight. TE300 is rated at 32 ohms, and designed to be power efficient, and hence is very easy to drive, and can be driven by almost any sources, smartphones and DAP’s.  But volume control requires a notch up, when compared to other IEM’s.

Very good sound quality, & efficient (8/10)

Conclusion:   A very nice pair of earphones for causal music listening on the go.  Priced around 35$, this is one of the most performing IEM available under 50$. TE300 performs as good as my favourite Brainwavz S0. I love to listen to TE300 whenever Im in bus, train or on the move.

Overall, a very satisfactory entry level IEM, I can recommend this to any enthusiast who wants a musical & pleasant sound IEM in a budget.

No member lists contain this item yet.
TCG TE300 zebra in-ear earphone white
By:

Type: In-Ear Cable Length: 1.2M Unit diameter: 10mm Frequency Range: 20-20000Hz Products Impedance: 32ohm Sensitivity: 108dB Total harmonic distortion: less than 5% Headphone plug: 3.5mm For iphone/MAC/ipod/ipad/music player/MP3

BindingElectronics