Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › T-Peos Altone250 › T-Peos Altone250 Reviews

T-Peos Altone250 Reviews

nmatheis

T-PEOS Altone250 Dual-Hybrid IEM

Pros: Big sound with powerful bass. Responds well to EQ. Good build quality with detachable cables. Attractive.

Cons: Mid-bass overpowers adjacent frequencies. Very springy cable. Needs EQ to achieve full potential.

INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300 and Altone200 IEM. @EmpJ from CTC Audio heard about my interest and reached out to me to organize a U.S. tour for the T-PEOS Altone250, which is the mid-tier product in the new Altone lineup. Thanks CTC Audio!!! @Jonyoo has linked to numerous pics of the new Altone lineup, so I'm going to borrow some of those since I'm not the best product photographer. I'll also post some pics I took showing fit and comparing size to Altone200 and Dunu DN1K. ABOUT ME I'm a 43 year old music lover who...
Hisoundfi

Prominent bass in a titanium shell. The T-Peos Altone 250 Hybrid In-Ear Monitor

Pros: Replaceable cables, Great accessories package, Responds well to EQ adjustments, Nice midrange and treble response

Cons: Bass (especially mid bass) drowns out other frequencies, Almost impossible to use ear hooks or wear them over the ear because of plug design

This mini review is actually a small part of a larger review/thread covering all of the T-Peos Altone series. Here is a link to the review:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/774084/t-peos-altone-series-thread#post_11751591   T-Peos Altone 250 ($199 USD on CTC Audio‚Äôs website) http://www.ctcaudio.com/collections/t-peos/products/t-peos-altone250-2-way-hybrid-earphones   Altone 250 takes a step up in housing build, featuring a titanium housing. It is a nice package with plenty of different sized tips and a zipper case. The 250 comes with two detachable cables. One is a black cable with a universal single button microphone and remote. The other is a red cable with no...
originalsnuffy

Good if you want a "V-Shaped" Sound profile; less optimal if you lean to a mode neutral of mid-range oriented sound profile

Pros: Plenty of bass on reserve

Cons: Perhaps too much of a good thing; bass and high end emphasis can be overpowering

This will be an extremely brief review.  I had these headphones for about 4 days.  The timing was not optimal for me; I was about to head out on vacation when these arrived.  The question was whether I should request an few days of extended listening or just send these alone to the next reviewer.  I opted for speeding the review process along.   Testing apparatus:  I used a FIIO X3 Gen II for most of the listening, and then a X3 Gen I to see what happened when I used hardware tone controls to tame the bass and treble.  I played rock and traditional jazz (Mingus, Miles Davis) on the units.   These headphones are great if you want  a...
faithguy19

Great Sound with Slightly Overpowering Bass!

Pros: Detachable cables. Comfortable for long listening sessions (cable down). Fun sound!

Cons: Bass has a tendency to overshadow some of the mids and highs. No cable cinch.

T-PEOS is known for their creativity and at times unique sound.  They have truly been pioneers in the hybrid market.  This trend continues with their new (50) lineup including the Altone 250 which will be covered in this review.  A few months ago I had the pleasure of reviewing T-Peos' first generation Altone 200 and while it admittedly was not perfect and it certainly has its detractors its sound jived with me really well.  Today I am happy to give my thoughts on its successor the Altone 250. A special thanks to @CTCAudio and @nmatheis for including me in this review tour.   Tech Specs:  Type: In-Ear Monitor (IEM)  Driver: Balanced Armature...
Cotnijoe

T-Peos Altone 250: Pumping out da bass

Pros: Fun Tuning, Solid Build Quality

Cons: Cable, Cable Noise, Midbass Hump

Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of components) have their own unique way of expressing what is essentially the same music. So when I was approached regarding the Altone 250 that was to be sent out for a tour, I didn't hesitate to say yes. This review is of the Altone 250 that was distributed on a tour organized by CTC Audio. I am, of course, not affiliated with CTC Audio or T-Peos and simply here to share my thoughts.   Accessories: I did not receive the Altone 250 in the original packaging, so I won't comment too much on the...