Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Superlux HD 662 F  › Superlux HD 662 F Reviews

Superlux HD 662 F Reviews

kidcharlemagne

CAD MH-310/Superlux HD662F - comments

Pros: Good sound quality, decent soundstage, separation, layering, easy to drive

Cons: Clamping force (easily remedied), treble not for everyone

Just wanted to make some comments on the CAD MH310 - a rebranded Superlux HD662F. I will be referring to them as HD662F for the remainder of whatever this is im writing to avoid confusion . I bought a pair Superlux HD681 at the same time and will just compare the two, along with a few others.   - The MH310's seem solidly built; abit more sturdy than the HD681's and my old Samson SR850's (another rebranded Superlux). They have different pads from the HD681, SR850; they're thicker, softer, and more comfortable. One thing that bothers me a bit, there is very slight driver flex when I put them on or adjust them after a few hours of use. First time ive had this happen to me on a...
potatoos

Unbeatable for the price.

Pros: Clearity, wide soundstage (despite being closed)

Cons: Mids are a little recesed, and these are full sized cans(ie not for portable use)

When I listen to these headphones, I can't believe how much I paid for them. I honestly believe their true value to be twice what it is. Having said that, these cans aren't spectacular. The plastic is a bit too weak, the rubber covering the wire is easily scratched/cut, and the padding makes me ears a bit sweaty. Now for the sound quality: The crystal clarity of these cans surprises me every time that I put them on. Also the high end is exactly what I was hoping for, which is to say that it is impactful, clear, sharp, and just a touch harsh. The mid section is a little too recessed for my liking and the low end is a bit lacking. Both of which aren't a very big deal for me at all,...
Cron

Superlux delivers super value again

Pros: General sound quality, flat frequency response, open soundstage, price

Cons: Headband design, sweat-inducing pads

Construction and comfort   Clamping force is rather tight, but not uncomfortably so. It's possible to adjust the force simply by carefully bending the two metal bands keeping other parts together. The metal headband can make annoying (and very audible) sound when it interacts with the plastic part of the band and starts to vibrate. This might not be a problem for persons that have smaller head and it should be easy to dampen these vibrations with some easy modifications.   Pads pleather material feels slightly softer and thinner than the ones used in m50 but the general feel is just as good. They will induce some swetting just like any other similar pads. It...