Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Superlux HD-631

Superlux HD-631

Rated #382 in Over-Ear

Pros: Great Value, Long Lasting, Looks Cool, Nice Bass, Sufficiently Comfortable

Cons: No Adjustment Options, Bass Might be too Much for Some, Price may Change, Leaky

I am pretty amazed by this headphone. This being my first serious headphone purchase, I have felt satisfied from beginning to end by this headphone. Using this headphone nearly daily for the past five months, I am surprised a headphone that cost me $45 had last this long.

Pros:

This headphone is the wonderful value. I was surprised that I had really gotten a headphone this good for $45 and continue to be surprised 5 months later, and don't feel uncomfortable running around with this headphone in fear of breaking it, as it will not break the bank to buy another one.

Speaking of 5 months, I am surprised a pair of headphones this cheap had really lasted me 5 months, as I heavily use and abuse my headphones. Even my pair of Turtle Beach headphones, which I used for gaming had only last me about 3 months before breaking.

This headphone looks pretty cool. With the glossy silver and plastic black design, this headphone looks decently snazzy, and quite a nice looking design.

The bass on this headphone is great for listening to music such as Electronic, Alternative and Pop, which is the main music I have listened to using this headphone, however could possibly be a bit overpowering for genres that aren't intended to have bass so loud.

This headphone is comfortable enough, but nothing special. Probably not for someone with an "ultra sensitive head"

Cons:

This headphone has skimped out any sort of adjustment on the left and right earcups, which makes for a bit of a "loose fit" which may slip off your ears and cause sound leakage.

These have gone up in price since I bought them 5 months ago. As of December 16th, 2014 these headphones cost $68 on Amazon, which is about $20 more expensive than it was before. $20 is a big deal for a headphone this cheap.

Overall, I have enjoyed these headphones greatly for all the time I have owned these headphones, and I would recommend these for anyone who wants a nice, cheap, fun pair of headphones.

Superlux HD-631

Superlux HD-631 DJ Stereo Headphones - dynamic, closed-back, neodymium magnet, 101dB SPL, 40 Ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 3000mW, coiled cable, thomann up to 3m cable with stereo mini-jack and 1/4" jack adapter. Weight (excluding cable): 260g. Colour: Black

No one has edited this wiki yet - be the first! The headings below are just suggestions; feel free to make your own.

Related Media/Links:

Add related videos, links to item guides, etc.

Item Information

Unboxing Video

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:

Had an issue other users should know about? Put it here.

How To:

Advice on installation, customization, and anything else.

Related Items and Accessories:

Not necessarily items within the community, just any other recommendations.

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Superlux HD-631