Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 Reviews

Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 Reviews

money4me247

Great Sonic Value for this Inexpensive Dac

Pros: Amazing budget price for solid performance, small size & cool design, works w/ Android devices supporting OTG usb for mobile use

Cons: No longer available, no hard casing, my other mid-fi desktop dacs from $350-$550 have noticeably better detail resolution

Stoner Acoutics UD110v2 Review***Note: this product is no longer available for purchase from Stoner Acoustics and has been replaced by the UD120*** [[SPOILER]]  Stoner Acoutics was started by a Malaysian audiophile/engineer who designs and builds his own dacs. His products chronologically were the UD100, UD110, UD110v2, and now currently the UD120. The UD110v2 is one the of most inexpensive stand-alone asynchronous USB dacs you can find at only $59 (including S&H to the United States). It uses the highly rated PCM5102A dac chip, which is the same one found in the $1,000+ desktop WA7 "Fireflies" Amplifier/Dac combo. The other primary alternative budget brand stand-alone...
WhiskeyJacks

Easily best 50$ you could spend

Pros: Size, portable use, Sound quality, price, plug and play, and customer support

Cons: Lacks features that some people like on the more expensive and larger DACs but honestly you cannot complain

The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too much and getting nice audio quality. I have tried a handful of DACs that some would consider the best value for your money in the 100-300$ price range. I know everyone has a preference as far as the flavor of audio, warm, cold, sterile and detailed, smooth and warm, etc. I have yet to really find a specific preference, but this not that I have not found I what I prefer with my actual DAC as in I like a more spacious, detailed, and transparent representation of the music. With this being...