Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Stax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphones › Reviews › tmarshl's Review

Uncanny

A Review On: Stax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphones

Stax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphones

Price paid: $5,250.00
tmarshl
Posted · Updated · 66087 Views · 4 Comments

Pros: Detailed

Cons: Expensive

Since I have had them for a while, I can say that they are a real pleasure, every day, every week, every month. I just don't get tired of them. I can use words like balanced, neutral, spacious, detailed, but those really don't distinguish them enough. They are all of that, but they are totally non-fatiguing. I can listen to them for hours on end, and still want to hear more.

I am driving them with the Blue Hawaii Special Edition, which only adds to the delicious experience of these headphones. When I listen to well recorded and mastered DSD files, it almost takes my breath away. That eerie feeling that the instruments and voice are right in the room with me is uncanny.

I am a very happy head-fier. I don't even mind that I paid a premium for these headphones as an early adopter.

I don't blame you. If I'd just spent $5,250 on some headphones, I wouldn't have time to type more than a sentence either.
Nice detailed review
Are you okay? Are you in massive debt? Did you sell off your organs?