or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › SoundMAGIC HP150 Premium Full Size Folding Headphones › SoundMAGIC HP150 Premium Full Size Folding Headphones Reviews

SoundMAGIC HP150 Premium Full Size Folding Headphones Reviews

twister6

Premium Sound Quality on a budget (relative to other big names)

Posted

Pros: detailed neutral/reference sound signature, solid build, very comfortable to wear

Cons: bulky case

This is a review of SoundMagic HP150 full size audiophile headphones.  Since SoundMagic haven't updated their website in a long time and MICCA Store (their official US distributor) doesn't have it listed on their page yet, I'm providing Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-HP150-Premium-Folding-Headphones/dp/B00LV8TR54/ .  Also, I would like to mention this headphone unit was provided to me for a review purpose.   I have to start my review by admitting that I'm not a big fan of full size over-ear headphones. I'm constantly on the move and find IEMs to suite me better. Another reason, in the past I wasn't able to find full size headphones with a...
(read more)
Hisoundfi

Full of Magic! A Review of the Soundmagic HP150 and HP200 full size headphones

Posted

Pros: Huge soundstage on HP150, Great sub bass extension on HP150, High resolution, Universally easy to drive

Cons: Hard to find replacement cables, Closed design on HP150 will make ears hot without taking occasional breaks

At the time this review was written, the Soundmagic HP150 and HP200 were on sale on Amazon.com. Here is the listing to the product at the time of this review:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LV8TR54?keywords=soundmagic%20hp&qid=1444352048&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ61FHY?keywords=soundmagic%20hp&qid=1444352048&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1   Introduction If you’re reading this you probably already know about Soundmagic. If not I will round it up in a nutshell. There are a select number of companies I hope to continue to have opportunities to cover products for and Soundmagic is definitely one of them. They almost...
(read more)
whitemass

(Under $200 Review)A Treat Of A Headphone

Posted

Pros: Soundstage, Built, Attractive

Cons: Bulky Case

So, I constantly hear of headphones being bragged about. And as I always say, Headphones are like personalities, the most richest man could find the cheapest thing is best for him.   I've only Trial Tested these, I borrowed them from a buddy who works at a local guitar shop. To say in the $150 range these are stellar is near close to an understatement. And frankly, they're definitely a Full Size I've finally heard the Bass done properly on.   So, Overview?  At first, I'd no clue of Soundmagic, and their reputation. So, sure. I was very unsure. But after seeing nearly every good comment on these, I forced myself to check them out after asking a buddy if he'd ever...
(read more)
The Third

Best closed headphones around 200$ BUT they will break on you, sooner than later.

Posted

Pros: Sub-bass, attacking detailed mids, immense detail and control in highs, unbeatable soundstage in closed headphone, most energetic headphone I've heard

Cons: The cup holder WILL break on you in time. SOUNDMAGIC MUST REDESIGN HEADPHONE. (But they did give me a replacement, good customer service!)

These headphones sound so magical, that you don't want anything to be wrong with them. Sadly, these use a terrible material on the cup holders. I treated them like babies, dropped them once and there went my 200 euro investment. I ask Soundmagic to kindly update both the HP100 and HP150 ear cups material with the same aluminium material they used on their new Vento headphone. No one wants to buy expensive headphones and baby sit them like they could break at any moment.    I send mines in for replacement.        *Will keep updating in the interest of time
Deebrewski

Really Fun Closed Headphone

Posted

Pros: Almost flat frequency response, crisp without sibilance

Cons: Ear cups are not deep at all, gets a little hot, CABLE!

I'm going to keep it short and just add things I thing people either want of need to know about these headphones.   I've had these for nearly 6 months and have used them for about 35-40% of my total daily listening time (the other 60% is with my Grado SR325e).   Here are the things i want to mention: 1. They are generally built well. There are a few exceptions though. One of the hinges that let the ear cups rotate along your head(the circular thing on the side of the headphone) is much more difficult to swivel than the other one and makes a weird sound. They don't seem to be in any danger of breaking though, and I don't personally use that adjustment. I really can't see...
(read more)
Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › SoundMAGIC HP150 Premium Full Size Folding Headphones › SoundMAGIC HP150 Premium Full Size Folding Headphones Reviews