Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Soundmagic E30 › Reviews › thelostMIDrange's Review

Ideal for listening to music .......

A Review On: Soundmagic E30

Soundmagic E30

Rated # 29 in Universal Fit
thelostMIDrange
Posted · Updated · 14604 Views · 3 Comments
I have 5 sets of the e30 with varying amount of time on them ranging from brand new to 500 hours and there is so much variation that I don't know which one to review here.

But generally, I'd say the e30 is neutral/warm yet detailed with a pleasing full bodied sound. It's 'hi-fidelity' in the sense that it imparts virtually no sound signature/sound stamp of its own onto your music collection.

The barrels are numbered. Whether that is a serial/production/batch number is unknown. the ranges of those in my possession range from M103 to m305. .

One set (M103 printed on the barrel), has a smooth cable whereas the other 4 sets have a braided cable. The smooth cable is from earlier in the production run from what I can gather and it sounds excellent.

Whether the sound differences are from intentional production changes over time, from uncontrolled production variation, or from differing burn-in times is unknown but I'd wager it's a result of the last 2 phenomena.

I preferred the last version of this review... :)
Its gone off into the internet ether where all good things go