Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Sony XBA-3SL › Sony XBA-3SL Reviews

Sony XBA-3SL Reviews

squallkiercosa

Well made and nice product

The entire Sony XBA Line is stunning: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug.   The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't appealing at all. Unnatural and spiky treble, (some people refers as metallic sound) and didn't cope well with my recordings. Nowadays I understand the praise and it has to do (IMO) with music genres: I find the xba-3 perfect for jazz recording, in fact I never hear anything closer in terms of overall satisfaction for Jazz, classical is also very enjoyable.   I decided to mod them, I used micropore tape to reduce a bit the treble, although they lost...
suman134

good , good i must say .

Pros: clear , good bass , nice mods , highs are okay .

Cons: v shaped sound sig , mids lack forwardness . j cord , should have added a cable clip !! come on , how can you lack sound stage ?

could have been a perfect phone if it had better sound stage and a bit more prominent mids , bass lacks pace , but its okay , i will take that , the sound sig is dark warm , and notes are thick , clarity is not a problem can be driven from daps , but a bit more life to highs will do good , amping does help . i like these as much as i hate these , why in this world , why a J cable ? and no cable clip ?   nice carry pouch , cable is good too .   , i like the design , 3.5mm pin is the best part of it . added a cable clip , i had a few from sony .   overall , its a nice phone if you can live with J cable , one of the best i must say .
noblemff

Amazingly Detailed

Pros: Detail, Instrument Separation, Sweet Treble, Isolation, Soundstage

Cons: Bass needs tuning, Some may find the cable annoying

When I first listened to XBA 3 I was startled at the detail of the sound that these earphones produced. Even lower bit rate audio sounded bright and detailed with clearly separated instruments. The package contains noise isolation silicone earbuds with stuffing inside that blocks lot of noise. When you are in the street wearing this be careful because you wont hear any outside noise. The soundstage is good for IEM but the bass needs lot of amplifying to get the desired result.
wrathzombie

Great for the Price

Pros: Instrument Separation, Clarity, Fit, Bass, Soundstage, Isolation

Cons: Thin Cables, Cable Length, Vocals

This is my first review and moreover and I am not an audiophile by any means. I would try to list out what I feel are the pros and cons. I am comparing these with RE-262 which I bought for approximately same price.   1. Price - In India they retail for around $140-150 which by any means for a triple driver IEM is good.   2. Received them approximately 8 hours ago and still trying to wrap my fingers around their sound.   3. Cable looks very fragile, could have been much thicker than this. By the look of it I still prefer the cables of RE-262 and Brainwavz M2. But only time can tell. One thing I don't like about this one is the right cable is way to long. I...
Currawong

Good all-round sound and reasonably priced for Sony's newest offering

Pros: Comes with both noise-reducing and ordinary tips and good accessories. Sound is fairly well-balanced.

Cons: Cable is a bit short by itself so the extension is always necessary.

Naotaka Tsunoda is the first person I've ever met who has the title of "Distinguished Engineer". He handed me his business card at the Fujiya Avic show in Tokyo and suggested I try the new range of IEMs he had designed with his team.   I have been looking for a reasonable pair of IEMs for a while. I previously owned the UE TF10s and have a pair of RE-ZEROs, each has their faults. The TF10s had fit issues, even reversed and the bass was too strong, as well as the cable being terrible, introducing harshness. The RE-ZEROs have a lovely treble, but almost no bass to speak of. Every pair of IEMs I tried in-store with my iPhone and Pico Slim sounded wrong in some way or another. I...