Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B Reviews

SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B Reviews

wigglepuff

one of the most comfortable portable headphone out there, sound detail is good and stylish

Pros: Style, Comfort, Sound

Cons: I dont really find anything major, as for sound is really subjective and dependent on gear paired with these headphones.

I will try to keep it short... I guess...   Tracks I tested on these were 320 vbit mp3s and flac, random genres with some of my favorites in Electronic, Dance Pop, Rock, Alternative and Enka (yes I'm weird). Source units - Sony Xperia, Iphone 5S, Fiio E07k as amp and dac/amp.   Style and Comfort - It's a major win in this department no questions there. Looks good feels really good unlike those super clamps of death.   Build Quality - Although it looks fragile, the unit is acutally very sturdy/robbust. As for the pleather parts of the unit (headband and ear pads) its a given that these will naturally degrade from wear and tear over the years (there are some that worry...
Nec3

A headphone designed for luxury

Pros: Extremely efficient, comfortable, aesthetics, forgiving to recordings.

Cons: Expensive MSRP, jack rattle

UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of quality to handle. In the box was a japanese instruction manual, a cordura pouch, 3m cable, 1.2m cable, and finally, the headphones. Oh and the japanese company I bought it from included a cute paper hand fan :DDesign and ComfortThe headphones in my hands feel very light, with smooth swivel cups, and a somewhat solid plastic build.On my head, the clamp is fairly light, accompanied with a soft pleather headband, and pillow-like earpads.The aesthetics of these are just amazing, a very modern look...