Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components › Digital Audio (FLAC/MP3/etc) Players (DAPs) › Sony NWZE465BLK Walkman MP3 player

Sony NWZE465BLK Walkman MP3 player

Pros: Custom eq, Clear bass, 40+ hour battery life, solid but light, bookmark lists, drag and drop, better navigation than an ipod.

Cons: Small data capacity, no sd card slot.

My first impression of a sony walkman e-series was from when i listened to one my friend had in school.

I don't have a clue what my impression was though.

But some time that year, or early next year i bought one, the latest model at that time.

I went home, and copied my music straight on there, just drag and drop.

Then is started playing music.

The custom eq was brilliant, it made everything so much better than the ipod's set eq's, i could tune the eq to what i thought sounded best, and remove some harshness in the treble i encountered on my ipod.

Then I selected clear bass, and put it on maximum (3).

The bass was instantly lifted into the realm of normal sound, it was no longer recessed and quiet, but at the same time it was carefully balanced so it didn't overpower everything else.

(Well at least, thats what i thought at the time, in actual fact the cx 300II are very muddy and have too much bass so it actually sounded crap, but better than with an ipod)

To this day I haven't seen anything nearly as good as clear bass. I've tried ipods, beats audio on my laptop, itunes, windows media player, and a couple of mp3 players, and nothing has even come close to perfecting the balance of bass like it can.

Clear bass simply makes up for the lack of bass prevailent in most sources and headphones/earphones.

At the moment i have a pair of IE8's, and the custom eq combined with clear bass brings out my music better than anything else i've tried, the clear bass is simply unmatched because it brings out the bass from its dark depths. It is limited by the frequencies the player will produce though, it barely goes below 60hz.

Battery life is good, around 40 hours.

Build quality is great, screen is good, buttons are great, user interface is great, I especially love the 5 brilliant bookmark list feature, which makes the ipod's playlist feature look pathetic.

The 4gb mine both has is tiny, but only recently has it become a problem.

Proper review:

The eq on the walkman is one of those things that is simple, yet complicated. I've adjusted my preset

Sony NWZE465BLK Walkman MP3 player
By:

The Sony E-Series Walkman MP3 Player delivers up to 50 hours of music -with video and photo playback plus FM radio just to sweeten the deal. With delicious colors, Windows drag and drop functionality and digitally restorative Sony Clear Audio Technologies, the E-Series is bling to the ears and eyes.

BindingElectronics