Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Noise-Canceling › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black

Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black

Rated #33 in Noise-Canceling

Pros: Cheap, decent sound for cheap

Cons: Noise canceling a joke, hissing when NC on

OK I have not had these only a few days. But my first impressions are cheap, OK sound quality, worthless noise reduction and about what to expect for $40.00 headphones.

I like the sound, its not breathtaking by any stretch but its OK for a laptop or iPod. The construction is nice for travel. The ability to fold them up is nice. But the plastic does not impress me as being something that will last getting tossed around.

The noise reduction is a joke, when I first turned them on I instantly heard a hissing sound. Very faint but pronounced with no content playing. I tried several different types of music and was happy with the sound but as for reducing background noise. I could not tell any difference with the reduction on or off. Actually the design of the headphones reduces noise passively very well. I also felt the headphones were a bit on the quiet side having to raise volumes to max on my laptop. Could be just a miss match with my laptop.

I am not disappointed but not thrilled with these, Maybe noise reduction is better with low frequency noise like on a train or airplane. Sony has a disclaimer on that. Saying higher frequency noise like talking will not be affected as much. If your really into noise reduction my advice is look elsewhere. If you need a step up for portable music player. Then I recommend them.

Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black
By:

Perfect for travelers these Sony noise canceling headphones deliver remarkable noise reduction with vivid audio. While soft ear pads provide long-term comfort, the folding design, stows conveniently in a carry-on. Thanks to Sony signal processing technology, ambient noise from the office, airplanes and trains is reduced by up to 90 percent.

BindingElectronics
BrandSony
ColorBlack
EAN0027242847477
FeatureUp to 90% ambient noise reduction offers tranquility 30mm drivers and neodymium magnets for powerful sound Passive mode allows for listening when power is turned off Lightweight design affords a comfortable fit Foldable, swivel design affords easy portability
LabelSony