Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Wireless › Sony MDR1RBT Premium Bluetooth Over The Head Headphone, Black › Sony MDR1RBT Premium Bluetooth Over The Head Headphone, Black Reviews

Sony MDR1RBT Premium Bluetooth Over The Head Headphone, Black Reviews

CalebG

Great Headphones; If You Can Afford It.

Pros: Interesting sound, easy Bluetooth setup, comfortable in cool climates

Cons: Interesting sound, sweaty ears in hot climates

I recently got the 1RBT because I had a couple of Sony vouchers, and I have to say, while I am still uncertain of it's full retail price, I do really love this pair of headphones. The retail price is $498 Singapore Dollars.   Sound My experience with headphones were on the lower-end Grados and AKGs. With a total listening time of less then 10 hours; electronic music sounds good in general, with a nice not overly pronounced bass like the XB series, but can be via equalizer settings. With rock music, comprising of guitars, bass, drums, keyboard and vocals, each instrument are defined, but somehow they all seem to want you to focus on them, which can then lead to fatigue. While...
Necrontyr

Fantastic Working Headphone

Pros: Good Passive Insulation + Comfort , Good sound quality amped +un-amped , Very stylish and solid

Cons: Not a metal headband as appears, Bluetooth causes some initial delay on every song played , Mic not sensitive enough for Siri / Android commands

A very good headphone , fills a niche in my collection being quite Bass heavy as opposed to my other day-to-day headphone the Senn HD595.   It is a very comfortable can , with very good quality faux leather for the ear cups , but it can get sweaty at times.    The sound quality when amped is superb and is only marginally different when used via Bluetooth, so close in-fact that if it weren't for the stuttering when changing tracks on my iPhone 5 I wouldn't notice.    Bass is very well controlled , maybe a tad over-present but that increases their enjoyment on public transport and in noisy clacky offices like my own , which seems very much to be an...
stickersteve

I think I finally found my headphones

Pros: so far everything

Cons: Have had a few drop outs

I am writing this quick review after about 20 minutes of use so I hope I am not jumping the gun, but after trying 5 other head phones (sennheiser momentum and amperior, Vmoda M100, the new PSB and the bowers & wilkins P5) I could not find quite what I was looking for. Each had something I did not like about them. Today these Sony's arrived and I was instantly in love. I thought I was going to settle on the Vmoda's but in my opinion these blow them away. The Vmoda's seemed very muffled to me. Not much in the higher range. These sony's take care of that while keeping all the bass.   I had them paired and up and running in about 2 minutes. There is a slight delay in the sound...