Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sony MDR-ZX300 Headphones  › Sony MDR-ZX300 Headphones Reviews

Sony MDR-ZX300 Headphones Reviews

blueguy10168

Not bad

Pros: Build quality, Price, Isolation

Cons: Short cord, Sound Qualty

Bought these off of sonicelectronix.com on a whim. Read a few reviews a while back and figured I'd try them out myself. So far I'm pleased as long as I remind myself they were $20. Overall these are pretty good, having a decent sound quality. I have had headphones that I throw in the donate bin as soon as finish the first song. These are not them.   As far as sound quality goes, I was initially underwhelmed. The bass was decent, a little punchy. The mids and highs are recessed. If I listen for them I will hear those really low notes a subwoofer plays sometimes. The mids and highs are there, just kind of distant. It does sound clearer with a higher quality source though. I have a...
snapacap

There are many better options in every price category.

Pros: Look, build, cable

Cons: Sound, everything else

These were my daily driver headphones for a few years in middle/early high school. I bought them in the black/dark grey color scheme I used these when I obtained my first computer that pushed enough power to anything other than surf the web. I had cheapo desktop speakers which didn't sound very good, and also did not work well with my habit of staying up late. I had a friend who had the MDR-ZX100, and said they sound fine. Also I liked the way they look, and still do.   The build for these is actually pretty good for the price. The almost entirely plastic construction is above garbage tier, but nothing special. The cable is quite nice. The material is thick, but light. entanglement...