Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones › Reviews › SoundMan48's Review

Awesome phones @ any price. But for $100, WOW!

A Review On: Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones

Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones

SoundMan48
Posted · 27172 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Great Sound across the whole sound spectrum. So SMOOTH! Comfort and great soundstage.

Cons: Absolutely None.

I got these in the mail 2 days ago. I got a pair of Sony XB800s last week and was blown away by the sound but the soundstage and comfort weren't there. I read about the MDR V6s on this site and ordered them to compare. I was pretty sure that I'd be keeping the 800s. They sounded that good.

I plugged in the V6s expecting less. Wow they blew away the  800s except for the bass. It's not as strong in the V6s but tighter and cleaner. (The way I like it) I've been listening to my music collection all over again so I can hear all the little things that I missed before. Everything is so clear, never cluttered, and is reproduced with such ease. The soundstage is great, like I said above no clutter, just great separation and effortless space. Crank 'em and they won't miss a beat. They are the best

I don't usually write reviews, but I'm just so happy with these I had to.

PS They sound OK with my phone to. The price above includes s/h and tax.

Important

I don't listen to these without an equalizer. The sound is reproduced so perfectly that it's, ...well flat. I like to have a little punch in my music. These are a PERFECT match for an equalizer, because of the even reproduction, with the equalizer that PERFECT sound you want is there for the taking.

Pure BEAUTY!! I can't get enough of these beauties. In my first 3 days I've logged in OVER 20 hours. Every chance I get I listen to them. I'm listening to them right now. Enough said.

Update

I recently got the EQ app for my phone. Now they sound GREAT with the phone, not just OK.

1 Comment:

:) man I thought the exact same when I got these guys. Congrats on the purchase!