Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones › Reviews › Smiling Jack's Review

Great cans for $65

A Review On: Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones

Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones

Smiling Jack
Posted · 14418 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Netural sound, Folds for portability, coiled cord, comfortable for lengthy listening sessions, cord out one side

Cons: Coil heavy for on-the-go usage, exposed wiring subjected to accidental fray/tear, earpads flake easily

One of the best investments I've ever made.

I picked these up in B&H New York to replace my previous set, Sony MDR V150.

It's been six months since then, I can safely say that these headphones won't be leaving me anytime soon. The sound quality is neutral, as expected from Studio Monitors. The build quality is sturdy, with a thick coil for durability.

Although purely subjective, I found that burning these headphones in changed the sound signature dramatically in comparison to their coming out of the box sound.

Pick these up, whether you're for a new set of cans, or if you just want a backup pair.

1 Comment:

Hey, nice short review. from the V150 to the V6 was a big leap in soundquality. I think the V6 is kind at its pricerange, I dont think they are quite neutral though, but a good headphone nevertheless. and they are quite resistant, my father had a pair that lasted about 11 years.