Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcups › Sony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcups Reviews

Sony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcups Reviews

Positive Reviews

Manchev

Beset Buy for the price. Entry level portable headphones. Flat sound with fairly deep bass. Use them with Fiio E6 and sounds great.

Pros: Portable,Flat Sound,Enhanced Bass,Fair noise cancelation.

Cons: Not clearly detailed sounds,not a thundering deep bass as the pro's, not completely foldable,too tight for longer use

What should I say. 3 years of use now and still playing lovely with several scotch stitches.I was listening to them on home stereo's on the max volume.They handle well without noticeable sound losses.The last year intensively with Nano 6th + Fiio E6. The bass is sweet.Can not imagine better bass from a portable headphones.Or at least not too better. Best for the price. A bit tight headphones though. I got used to it. The same as the studio Dre's on the sound but falls behind in materials and comfort.
hbayindir

Highly detailed flat sound in an affordable package

Pros: sound quality & detail, design, price

Cons: somewhat flimsy

Sony's MDR-V150s aren't fancy. No gold plugs, no completely isolated 4 wire cable, no expensive materials in build or no special-looking drivers but they're sleeper headphones for that price. Yes, they're not Grados, they're not providing a theater like stereo stage with mindblowing sound coloring. Bear in mind these are affordable monitors. They're built to sound raw, blunt, flat, uncolored but detailed. Combined with a Xonar D2X, a digital amplifier like Sony's CMT-HX3 or an old AKAI AM-2500 with good sources, you'll be blown away with the detail & balance. Yes they'll be uncomfortable for your ears after some time since they're designed to sound raw, not to please (you can add an...
Carbine

Decent inexpensive headphones

Pros: Bass & price.

Cons: Long wire

These are pretty decent inexpensive headphones. They have some pretty alright bass, but not too much to overpower the treble or clearness. The design seem pretty simple and they are comfortable enough to listen for a long time. It may get uncomfortable after a few hours. My sisters have broken theirs over and over again, but I still have mine in good condition.   Overall, these are great for an inexpensive headphone for every day use.

Negative Reviews

thetaminator

Meh.

Pros: Cheap. Good Range of Audio.

Cons: Somewhat uncomfortable. Break easily

I bought these headphones a while back and I enjoy them somewhat. They have good sound if you need a set of studio monitors on the cheap. I don't think I would recommend them to anyone.
JIFF01

sad day for me

Pros: long cable

Cons: awful sound, Down here in mexico they are really expensive

I am dumb, first I bought skullcandy and when those broke I decided to give sony a try and pay for these, I regret it

More Reviews

HarukaMizune

Budget Cans For Penny Pinchers

Pros: Cheap | Neutral | Value for Money | Thick Cabling | Portability

Cons: Very Closed Sound Stage | Long Cable | Plastic Construction

These were the very first headphones I bought when I was in primary school. I remember saving up a few weeks to get this pair but unfortunately the cable broke after a few years of use. Fast forward +15 years, I now have a job and starting to get into the headphone world...........so addictive. I just received a pair from ebay not long ago. Be sure to look for a reputable reseller as there could be fakes going around. I can't say whether mine are fake or not. The box, papers and headphones all match up saying that it was all done Thailand. The details on the headphones also match up well with photos I've seen online. I guess the only way to tell for sure is to open them up (which I...
awesomemathlete

Decent

Pros: lightweight

Cons: mid level sound

All things considered, these are alright. I got them for 15 bucks and used them as my only pair of headphones for 2 years. I was like 11 years old and listened to only classical on the bus and honestly did not think much of sound quality for the main reason that at the time I only listened to music on the bus where there was a lot of other sound anyways. All in all, if you do not listen to music more than 30 minutes a day get these and if you like bass music but do not want to spend money on headphones get these and bass boost them under settings. That is what my friend does and he enjoys it. The highs are not clear but they are a pair of cheap headphones so don't expect some athm50s...
exnx

Affordable & Portable

Pros: Decent sound considering the price

Cons: Uncomfortable headband, super long cable

I bought these headphones because I needed a cheap pair of supra-aurals to listen to on the bus (I have stretched ears and can't fit my over-ear AKGs over my earlobes with my plugs in. . .not that I would really want to bring them on a bus anyway). In short, these headphones are okay. The sound could be better, obviously, and the plastic headband gets extremely uncomfortable (painful) after as little as 30 minutes, but for $30, it's hard to complain. Another downside is the cable. It's very, very long. So long that when I used the headphones with my iPhone in my pocket, I had to do a loop thing with my belt loop, because it looked pretty silly hanging all the way down to my shin. There...
Trance88

Best Headphones For The Price

Pros: sound, portable,durability

Cons: They're not the most comfortable headphones.

I bought these headphones back in 2007 for lightweight portable use. These have been the most reliable and longest lasting of any new pair of headphones I've bought to date. The sound quality is decent for the price. The high frequency response is not the greatest but overall not bad. I'd recommend these headphones to anyone on a tight budget, but wants good quality sound.