Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Noise-Canceling › Sony MDR-NC7 Foldable Noise Canceling Headphones (Black) › Sony MDR-NC7 Foldable Noise Canceling Headphones (Black) Reviews

Sony MDR-NC7 Foldable Noise Canceling Headphones (Black) Reviews

inline79

I'd rather listen to the noise

Pros: cancels some noise, folds, airline adapter is great

Cons: sound like ear buds, too easy to leave switched on

Got these as a gift, sold them for $20 to someone who wanted noise cancelling.  I warned them that the noise cancelling wasn't very good but they still wanted them.  This will cancel an HVAC fan, or some traffic noise outside your building, but that's about it.  These aren't Quiet Comforts, nor are they IEMs.  These cancel noise like a shallow IEM with the dynamic range of a cheap ear bud.  If for some reason you really want an on-ear headphone, not IEMs or over-ear, go with a Philips model that has memory foam.  Frankly passive noise isolation is better than the active cancelling on these.  You'll save yourself AAA batteries which you will go through...
Sparkie6point0

Sony MDR-NC7

Pros: Ear pads feel good

Cons: sound is awful; no bass

I bought a pair of these last year when I was doing physical therapy for my left knee.  I bought them 'on the fly' because I had to get to therapy in a hurry and they were the only ones available.  Two words - BIG MISTAKE!   The only two good things about these on-ear headphones are (1) the ear pads on these feel really good (which is not usually the case for me - most on-ear cans I've donned squeeze my ears against the arms of my glasses within the first 10 minutes, and that hurts!); and (2) the noise cancelling is quite decent for a cheap pair of cans like these.   I can't say enough bad stuff about these headphones, however.  They sound cheap, there's...
bcasey25raptor

they are very quiet headphones that sound atrocious.

Pros: noise cancelling works well enough if you are not moving, generally comfortable

Cons: sound quality, build quality

i got these for $40 and for the price there is a lot of better options out there. basically your paying $20 for noise cancelling and $20 on headphones. they sound liek your average set of $20 on ear headphones. not very good at all. but if your on a tight budget and need noise cancelling these are an ok option if you don't care about sound quality. you've been warned.