It's a Walkman!

A Review On: SONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)

SONY Android WALKMAN Z-1000 Series 64GB | NW-Z1070-B Black (Japan Model)

Battery Life
turokrocks

Pros: Fantastic clarity, sound-stage

Cons: No expansion memory, come on SONY

The build quality is nice, sophisticated, feels like a light brick, but the screen is prone to smudges, lots!!!!

I never faced this with my Galaxy note.

The screen colors are nice but compared to Samsung's AMOLED, if feels dull.

The sound is detailed, clear and neutral, with a shy bass. I was able to hear sounds I never realized they were there with other DAPS, nice one SONY. It is best suited for live concerts and instrumental tracks (it Shines with them). But when amped with a good amp, the fun factor pops and you start appreciating what you were missing. All my reviews were done with atracplus 256 or atrac loss-less.

My only complain , is that I wished it had a memory expansion (SONY Listen to your faithful customers).

Have you had a chance to compare it with the A865 by any chance?
No, but I am looking to.
"I can talk about it for hours, but lets keep it short and say it is one of the best sounding Walkmans SONY has made."
Nice.
Welcome back Kiteki! Head-fi was missing your magic....and some other stuff.
The Sony Z is a very nice DAP, lacking in some areas, but most importantly , it makes it with its SQ.
hello @turokrocks , how would this DAP compete with hdp r10 (an improved version of DX100)? Thanks