Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 Reviews

Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 Reviews

Teska

The first review about the Somic MH489 ever on the net !

Pros: Balanced sound, firm bassrespons, clear mids & highs, soundsig like my previous DT770 pro 80, loud with mobile devices.

Cons: Inner padding presses against my ears, stiff cord with dual entry, half open which leaks a lot of sound.

So I bought myself the Somic MH489 because I stumbled upon it on this site... I liked the idea of the Sony XB500 but don 't like the Sony sound, so I took a dive with this one. You mainly find this one on Ali express for prices between $70 and $200 (no joke !) but I found one for $57 shipped to Belgium. What the heck, I just did it.   It arrived after close to one month and it was packed in plastic (every package I get from China is packed in plastic), took the plastic off and the box was covered with cardboard. But the box that held the Somic looked like it had travelled have across the world and it did ! But anyway, it's all about the content, is it not ?  ...
PearlyBoy

Great headphones!

Pros: Good sound, you can easy spread and slide them, they look awesome! , really loud, not really expensive

Cons: after serveral hours your ears hurt, people around you can hear what are you listening to, they are sometimes slicing

Those headphones are just cool.   -> good sound  -> easy spreading and slicing  -> they look awesome, don't they?  -> you can hear to music really loud  -> not really expensive   But, besides, they have three minuses:  -> after several hours sitting and listening to music/playing games your ears really hurt,  -> my friend was listening to music really loud and I was able to hear what is he listening to,  -> I usually have length 3 on left side and 3 on right side. Sometimes Somics were slicing to 3 on right side and e.g. to 2 on left side.    Sorry for bad english, I am learning it :) I hope...
io53

Excellence at a cheap price.

Pros: Sounds great, very comfortable, cheap, and did I mention that the sound they produce is great?

Cons: The cable is rather stiff I guess.

I'll start of with stating that I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate quality sound. Somehow I stumbled upon these on here and read that they are great, I remember seeing them at a local computer store and they were only 60€ so I picked them up for the "lulz". Boy am I glad I did. I thought that they would be too heavy on the bass so that it would overpower the highs and mids. But no, the highs and mids are there, so clear and so crisp. I fine balance that you only can see in real hifi headphones, but for 60€, WHAT??! I'm really glad I got these, for 60€ it's a real steal and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.