Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › SOL Republic Tracks HD › SOL Republic Tracks HD Reviews

SOL Republic Tracks HD Reviews

xkonfuzed

Good, but better can be had for fraction of the cost

Pros: Bassy, great build quality, interchangeable parts, looks great, customization.

Cons: Sound, uncomfortable, cheap cables,

I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however, is where these are suffer. I liked the idea of picking a custom headband/wires/driver to match your style. The overall sound presentation is very congested and muffled. There is no clarity or detail. The bass, though, is fairly good. Plenty of mid bass and subbass for all the bass-lovers. The midrange is recessed, and so are the highs. Get these if sound is your least priority.
Maniello

I thought they are great...

Pros: Interchangeable parts, Customizable,

Cons: Can be uncomfortable, Mids aren't clear (not to talk about highs)

I bought these after a friend recommended the to me and I gave them a short try. First I was really happy with them as they sounded pretty good, bass was great, although it has some trouble with highs and mids aren't clear all the times (it was made for everyday bassheads after all). A great plus was that it was fairly easy to get free (limited edition) headbands for it through the soldierofsound website. But then problems started...   Noise cancellation is good, I had no issue using it on public transportation. Due to the headphone's simple and swappable design it's fairly big and it might look like you wear the heads of toilette pumps on your ears. The cushion on the headband and...
paulmvg

Full of regrets

Pros: Fairly good bass, durable, looks

Cons: Too much warmth, recessed mids and highs

I'll start by saying I regret buying this HP. I just bought this with me in mind that it's endorsed by some well known personalities (yeah, I'm dumb). I just realized that the sound of it is so muddy after a/b'ing it to my newly bought Senns HD 25.