Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Skullcandy Smokin Buds - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - rasta

Skullcandy Smokin Buds - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - rasta

Rated #324 in Universal Fit

Pros: Dirt cheap, good fit, sweet bass

Cons: Break easily. lacking in highs and mids

These were my first phones that didn't come with an iPod, and I will say that when I got my first pair about three years ago, I was amazed that music could sound so good. After a few years of experience, I think I'm a little more qualified to write a review.

First of I will say that I would reccommend these to anyone as their first IEM or headphone on a budget. I mean I can get as nitpicky as I want but they sound good, as I do love bass over anything else. From a more professional standpoint, the bass is in no way warm. It's there, but it drowns out the mids and trebs. For me, not a good deal . . The isolation is sweet with a good seal as for all IEMs. I sleep with these in, so the comfort is good.

The only downside is I have been through three pairs and am on my fourth. . . My first pair lasted about 6 months when the right ear went out. I sent in the warranty and got half off on my second pair. My second pair last a month . . then my third pair lasted the longest at about a year, and now my most recents ones are still going strong. I have heard other complaints about the right earbud going out, but to be honest I sleep and roll around with them in . .. so they would probably have lasted much longer had I taken better care of them. In any case, good IEMs, and worth the $20 or so bucks

Skullcandy Smokin Buds - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - rasta

When all you want to hear is your music, Skullcandy's exclusive noise eliminating sleeve makes it happen. Smokin' Buds deliver the frequency range and fast response found in full-size headphones in a direct-to-ear package all the while isolating you from external haze.

BindingElectronics