Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Skullcandy SCS-SCBP3.5 Skullcrushers Subwoofer Stereo Headphones (Black Pinstripe) › Skullcandy SCS-SCBP3.5 Skullcrushers Subwoofer Stereo Headphones (Black Pinstripe) Reviews

Positive Reviews

BronyMac

Nice for Bassheads

Pros: My ears fit in the ear cups, adjustable bass, fold for portability, dual drivers in each ear cup

Cons: flashy, inline amp

As for the design, it is kinda flashy. really shows off the brand. That's what you get from older (and some newer) Skullcandy merch. I do like the fact that they fold for portability. My ears won't fit into many other headphones (either my ears are gigantic or headphones are just really small these days... Either way, these cans fit wonderfully. As for the plush ear pads, they feel great. My only complaint is that they get a little warm after an hour or so of listening (great in the winter months though) They are a great value for a cash-strapped teenager who just wants decent headphones for his mp3 player and laptop. DO NOT buy at best buy, though. They have the price up by around $20...

Negative Reviews

Herky151

Skullcandy

Pros: Bass

Cons: Uncomfortable. Excessive Bass. The amp on the cord. They broke. Muddy sound

I got these headphones as my first pair of real headphones after the really stupid ipod headphones, and they weren't a big improvement. I got them because I thought they'd be good.   Well... First of all when I got them I found out that they had a massive bass amp on the cord thats about the size of 2 AA batteries because it has on in it. Secondly, they had no noise cancellation. None. Third of all, I couldn't wear them for more than an hour because my ears wouldn't fit in the ear cups. Fourth, after 3 months they broke, because of the thing on the cord, which pulled on it and broke it. So they still had the normal driver working but had no bass. And they sounded really bad, so I...

More Reviews

seventhousand

Skullcandy Skullcrusher Review

Pros: cable

Cons: vocals,highs,lows

First, i want to start off that it i got these with a warranty i got on some other headphones which i bought before i entered the audiophile realm. It seemed that when they were producing this headphone it seems that they only focused on medium frequencies and abandoned everything else.The bass can be pleasuring  rarely at times but most of the time they are either too excessive or too light and getting both drivers just right takes time.Although the cable on the other hand is built pretty good because the strain relief is actually molded onto the cable .The battery life lasts me about a week and it can sometimes add pressure to the cable if the battery is on(AA battery) but i am...
juggernaut303

Overpriced is what i say.

Pros: comfortable, totally awesome looking, somewhat portable.

Cons: these suckers are big, feels cheap, bass is overpowering.takes a batter in the headphone cable?

i tried these guys at a best buy, and all i can say is that the bass is not only overpowering, but not really good sounding to be honest.. the mids and highs are almost gone when you turn the bass boost on. and when the boost is off, it sounds like ipod earbuds because its only mids and highs. dont get me wrong these things look sick and make a sweet style statement, but for that price you can find sweet looking GOOD sounding headphones too.  just not a huge fan of skullcandy.
GeorgeGoodman

I would stay away

Pros: Big bass, light, portable

Cons: Crackling sound most of the time, huge midbass makes some songs unlistenable, they broke.

These have humungous midbass which is what sold me. However, their overall sound quality is terrible, the bass amp on the cord is heavy and cumbersome, and a driver broke after a few months of light usage. They gave me some good bass for the money, but everything else was very off.
Yonler

Well they do what they say... and nothing else

Pros: Give you bass, portable and not to heavy

Cons: the bass drowns everything else, not very comftarble over time

I got these as a present keeping in mind that i love bass but even as i got these hedphones as my first pair of headphones i knew the bass was making my songs sound worst with the bass on... and if i turned it off the headphones werent anything special... The only good thing is that they come in cool colors and the good looks but besides that i wouldnt recommend them as a pair of overall good headphones.