Good step up from $15 headphones

A Review On: Skullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Black

Skullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Black

Rated # 40 in On-Ear
Johnnythegeek
Posted · 1924 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Solid bass, efficient and fairly comfortable

Cons: Somewhat muddy treble, short cord

So I consider myself a audiophile of old. I grew up on music being important. I liked slow cut Albums and speakers with emphasis on being flat and not bass heavy. That said, I have used mostly headphones from Sennheiser for my listening. Having just bought a iPod Nano 6G I wanted a more isolated choice for listening. I decided to try a pair of Hesh 2's. I found them to be comfortable except if you wear glasses. I also found they are pretty efficient as the iPad Nano had no problem driving them to higher levels. But their were some drawbacks. Such as weak treble, muddy bass and distant midrange with vocals. They did not always sound this way with all music. So I can assume without some technical testing that the Hesh 2's must have some quirky drops in response at certain octaves. In the end they are a step up from those $15 ones people buy and are never happy with. But they won't replace a really good pair of Grado's or Sennheiser's. If you like bass you'll like these, if you crave treble I think you should pass.

Comments: