Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › SKULLCANDY PLYR 1 Headset › SKULLCANDY PLYR 1 Headset Reviews

SKULLCANDY PLYR 1 Headset Reviews

Positive Reviews

mazzelectra

Audio fidelity beats down ultimate comfort! Film at 11...

Pros: Excellent 7.1 Surround decoding/encoding, solid industrial design and feature set, cinematic immersion

Cons: Quite clampy and uncomfortable at times, could benefit from larger cups, charging requires manual USB plug

Heya peeps,   Thought I'd chime in now that I've picked up a set of Skullcandy PLYR1 phones to replace(?) my existing Sennheiser RS180 setup (also a fairly recent purchase...), based on Jude's recommendation in the Summer 2013 Head-Fi Buying Guide.   First, some personal wireless headphone history (feel free to skip this paragraph if you wanna get to the comparisons). I'm a bit of a Sennheiser fan so naturally, while on the upgrade hunt for my Sennheiser RS120(OG!) wireless phones, the Sennheiser RS220 became my target. I almost picked them up; just couldn't move past all of the reviews citing bad signal dropouts. The signal strength of the RS180 Kleer tech seemed to be much...

Negative Reviews

ChardonnayLogic

I knew better.

Pros: Good Sound.

Cons: Made for children.

I called ahead and was told it had mic monitoring. And guess what? It doesn't! Just got it for my wife. Went against my better judgment and got her a "gamer" headset (she insisted). Not intended for a full grown male; kinda dinky (not that I'd ever use it). But good sound from a wireless set. Says she's cool with it. But she does miss monitoring. Instructions were a bit vague, but got it going quickly with no problems. A little disappointed with S.C.'s customer service though. Never buying kiddie crap again.