Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome

Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome

Rated #231 in In-Ear

Pros: Incredible SS, Strong/Controlled Bass, Forward Mids, Soft/Present Highs, Attractive, Inline Mic does what it needs too..

Cons: A tad bit uncomfortable, stock tips are hard to properly seal, cable worries..

I've seen the Fix around with the standard SKDY set ups in RadioShack and other stores, but they were usually an unattractive 79.99$. I found them at TJ Maxx (Apparently always has Uptowns for 40$) and decided to throw the 15$ they were asking for them and try them out. They are awesome basshead buds!!

They sound very good, no exaggerations. Seperation, imagery, soundstage are all AMAZING for a pair of SKDY in-ears. I still can't get over it XDD

If  you find them for cheap, add them to your list, DO ITT.. EDM, Metal, classical, anything I try... It all sounds wonderful!!

+1 Skullcandy!!

Pros: Great sound, great isolation, very comfortable

Cons: None

This is my first review on head-fi, I made an account just to review these earbuds. They completely exceeded my expectations. I ordered these with the refund I was given from the warranty on my skullcandy 50/50's on which one side cut out. I only paid $25 originally on Amazon, but skullcandy gave me $50 worth of credit on their website after I sent back my broken 50/50's. Making a claim on the warranty was easy, and only took a few days with free shipping. I didn't like the sound on my 50/50's at all, they had sloppy bass with too much midrange and poor high range extension. Naturally, I wasn't expecting much out of these earbuds, thinking that skullcandy made headphones with only style in mind. But I was wrong. These earbuds are amazing!! They hands down the most detailed, natural sounding earbuds I've ever heard. The other good earbuds I've had are the vsonic gr-02's. They sound good, but not this good. I don't think they are as comfortable, either.

Pros: Fit well, Come with decent carrying case.

Cons: Distorted bass, recessed mids, harsh treble and no detail, cheap cables and construction.

Ok where to start... I picked these up on sale for 20 bucks. I expected a bit from them since Skullcandy says they are worth $69.99. Let me tell you they are absolutely not worth that.... The monoprice 8320's sound much better than these so imho they are worth about 5 bucks.

The bass is distorted and boomy. It overpowers everything and it is not clean at all. You can't even hear drum beats... All you hear is a boom where a nice solid tight drum hit should be. This ruins any clarity that you would be able to hear in any song.

The mids are non existent. They just aren't there. They sound like if you were to do the typical V pattern on a graphic EQ to drop out all the mids.

The highs are harsh and brittle. They completely ruin acoustic guitar songs and they make cymbal crashes painful.

I tried listening to every kind of music with these and I didn't find one that they sounded good for. These are just plain junk. About as bad as it gets sadly.

No member lists contain this item yet.
Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome

The Skullcandy Fix In-Ear Headphones give you a great fit and crystal clear sound whether you're drinking in music or hanging onto every word of a juicy telephone call. Cable Type - Nylon Braided Cable Length - 4.2 feet Plug Type - 3.5mm Gold Plated Mic + Control switch - In-line (on cord) mic, plus iPod Play, Pause, Track Control and Volume Control

BindingElectronics
BrandSkullcandy
ColorWhite/Chrome (2012 Color)
EAN0878615043961
FeatureSpeaker Diameter - 10mm Magnet Type - Neodymium Frequency Response - 20-20k Hz Impedance - 16 ohms Max Input Power - 5mW
LabelSkullcandy