Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size Reviews

Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size Reviews

DigitalGrounder

Great for the price!

Pros: Soundstage, spacious, build, decent midrange, tight bass without bass turned on

Cons: doesnt add bass it adds vibration, doesnt come with protective case, edgy treble

Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and its job is to "add bass", what it really does is add a vibration feeling. Unfortuantely it requires a AA battery to turn on the feature, but the headphone still can play without the feature turned on and without the battery in place. This headphone costs around eighty dollars, and its very well worth the price.   Sound The lower frequencies on this headphone without the feature turned on, its pretty good. The bass is very tight, but still a warmth feeling. The midrange is detailed. The...
DokDiesel

Good for bassheads at a reasonable price.

Pros: Natural bass effect, thin but tough cord, distortion-avoiding moving driver, soft cusions

Cons: Vocals are somewhat recessed, clamping pressure wears off, heavy.

I've owned these for over seven months, so I decided that a review of my experience with them so far would be good. They've met my expectations so far, and were worth the cost.    Accessories: They come with a cloth drawstring bag for carrying. Honestly, the bag is bad. The string has no clamp, and the knot comes undone. I don't take these out of my house, so the fact that the bag is worthless doesn't matter to me. If you need to take these with you on the go, a different carrying case would be a good investment.   Looks: Skullcandy has been changing lately, and these headphones are proof of that. The styling of them is much less "in your face" and much...
pro1137

Skullcandy has a Winner

Pros: Bass, Soundstage, Versatility, appearance, built-in amp

Cons: Clamping force distribution, cable is a bit thin

The Skullcandy Crusher is a consumer-oriented headphone that has highly impressed me with both its sound and features.  [[SPOILER]]   [[SPOILER]]  Accessories - Carrying pouch, 1x AA BatteryThe carrying pouch is a bit thin, in my opinion. It is quite stretchy due to that, and I'm a bit scared that it might rip after a decent amount of use.On the front of the pouch is the Skullcandy logo.Build/Design - The Crusher is all plastic, but it doesn't feel flimsy. The cups are made of a gloss-finished plastic, while the headband and adjusting frame is made out of a more bendable type of plastic. Both cups have some vents on the bottom portion, probably for bass control. The left cup has a 3.5mm...
ankorpse

For bassheads, not audiophiles unless you are both

Pros: Bass will sound excellent. Detachable cable, Foldable

Cons: Depends on what you like, may not be audiophile quality sound; comfort depends

I have a ton of headphones, and I consider myself an audiophile and a basshead, so I use different cans for different occasions.  For example, I dont like to travel with my grados because they are open even though they are probably the smoothest sounding things i've had on my ears (the grados).    This review applies to bass lovers:   This headphone: has bass which I like a little more than the sony xb500, but it requires a battery to get there.  Without the battery on, I would say the sony xb500 is the best I have tried (so far). It is better than my beats pro detox (which I paid a pretty penny for) and at a fraction of the cost.  The...