Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Skull Candy Smokin' Buds Earphones Black Rubberized

Skull Candy Smokin' Buds Earphones Black Rubberized

Pros: Deep, thumping bass, Clear sound, More than loud enough, Nice inline mic and controls, Great value

Cons: as with lots of skullcandys, the cord fell apart at the plug.

These are definitely great sounding and well priced ear buds. I've never really had a pair that sounded this nice before and I only paid $40 for them. If you're into Dubstep, Trap, Hip-Hop, Rap, or other music like this, then you will definitely enjoy these buds. They have very nice low end performance that actually makes your ears vibrate a little and also have clear and pristene highs. For me, bass is the most important part of my music and I can say that these definitely deliver. Hits are hard and punchy and sustained bass is clean and solid. There is no muddiness at all to these.

My only complaint:

I bought these in September 2012 from RadioShack. Thank god I bought one year warranty (which I don't normally do) or else I wouldn't have these still today. Around march of last year, I noticed the rubber around the plug was starting to loosen. This didn't alarm me that much and I thought it was only a small nuisance. Around July I noticed that the sound was a bit wierd...I played with the cord a little and it went back but later that day the sound went to total garbage unless I forcefully pushed the cord inward toward the plug. Luckily, as I said, I had warranty. I went in and got them replaced and the new ones even came with warranty too.

Bottom Line:

I recommend these, but only if you can get at least a one year warranty within a reasonable price.

Skull Candy Smokin' Buds Earphones Black Rubberized
By:

BrandSkull Candy
Product GroupEar Buds
TitleSkull Candy Smokin' Buds Earphones Black Rubberized
SKULKSCHP0000027

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:

cord falls apart at plug on most of these. Buy warranty!

How To Prevent Damage:

Try to be gentle with the plug and (if you didn't buy the warranty or don't care how they look) possibly keep some electrical tape tightly wound around the plug (not proven that this helps)