Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Shure SRH840 › Reviews › saxophone's Review

Best Pair I have Listened With

A Review On: Shure SRH840

Shure SRH840

saxophone
Posted · 18288 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Detachable cable; Neutral sound; Great isolation; Beautiful range

Cons: Had headaches at first but headband adjusted to my head; Coiled cable slightly too long; Cable on left side

This pair is perfect for listening, especially after broken in. The first few days were hell, but after that, it was blissful. I cannot go a week without picking these up and listening to something.

My set up is a Fiio E6 and I also have a L3 line-in for my iPod Classic (6th Gen). While I would love to upgrade from these headphones, I don't know how much better I can get while being able to detect the difference (luckily for me, I suppose gs1000.gif)

Anyway, there is a reason these are so highly rated throughout the community. Don't just take my word for it.

1 Comment:

I wrote this review a few months ago, and I have a lot that I would like to amend. They're great, but not the best. Also, they are comfortable once you get used to them. Prior to that, the pleather gets kind of annoying. When I wrote this review, they were my only real pair of headphones, and so they were incredible...absolutely incredible. They still sound fantastic, and they are always great to go to for a reference. I know exactly how things sound on them, so if I want something to compare with, I use them. Even though I have my issues with them, I am pretty sure that I will use them for the next 3 years or so as my go to portable/transportable pair. They are fantastic for what they do. I am glad I invested in them.