Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Shure SRH840 › Reviews › billyhightech's Review

Good bang for you $$$

A Review On: Shure SRH840

Shure SRH840

billyhightech
Posted · 17637 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Great all around performer

Cons: Not the most "open" soundstage

I really,really like these cans. Using an Android based smartphone as my source unit (FLAC,OGG and MP3s via neutron MP) these cans really sound solid. The highs are very detailed without being overly bright. Bass is not overwhelming,but solid. If its on the track its there,if its not its not. Simple as that. The mids are very open and clean,but lack that little warmth (think Grado house sound). Where thats a good or bad thing is up to you. I personally like many cans that other people claim have a dry sound (like Etymotics). I got a really good deal on these (B-stock from headroom) and couldnt pass them up. For $200 there may be other options you might want to consider,however.

1 Comment:

Sure, I am expecting my v-moda M-80 arriving the next 2 weeks I only read very benevolent reviews from these so I I am more than excited