Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) › Reviews › bcasey25raptor's Review

really worth the money

A Review On: Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)

Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)

Rated # 284 in Headphones
bcasey25raptor

Pros: Strong bass, Good mids and highs, good sound overall

Cons: build quality, durability, comfort, needs to be amped

I am rewriting this review as when I wrote it I had no idea what I was talking about.

Durability/Design

These cans are made of very brittle cheap plastic that could snap easily. This is constantly reminded to you every time you move your head as these tend to creak. I have heard countless stories of them snapping. But at the same time the design looks really sweet. With a silver/black color they are very visually appealing. I also found that the ear pads get cracked and broken really fast. Luckily it comes with a set of spare pads. The detachable cable is very much appreciated.

My biggest complaint with these headphones is the comfort. They are very tight on your head and the ear pads are round instead of oval. This causes discomfort. I found my ears became red after a good hour of listening.

Sound Quality

These are good cans for any basshead who can handle poor build quality and discomfort.

Highs: Extended well and slightly harsh. But they are rich.

Mids: Slightly recessed. Still Holds many details.

Lows/Bass: Over emphasized to the extreme. Reaches low into sub bass territory. Doesn't bleed into the mids. And is very Musical.

Soundstage: Decently large for a closed bassy can. Things sounded like they were happening around me.

Speed: Fast bass response.

Preferred genres: Electronic, hip/hop, bassy music. Plays Heavy Metal really well.

Not good with classical or jazz or slow rock.

Amp is recommended

Final Thoughts:

These are good just be prepared to use the warranty in the 2 year period.

Comments: