Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Shure SRH1840 Headphones › Shure SRH1840 Headphones Reviews

Shure SRH1840 Headphones Reviews

jackrabbitslim0

Shure did an Amazing Job here!

Pros: Smooth + Accurate Highs, Sweet + Rich Mids, Natural and Clear Bass. Neutral, Realistic + Wide Soundstage

Cons: None ( but you do need to change the cable and burn-in or run the headphone for at least 30-50hrs to remove the "Thin" feeling )

My original review was too short, coz I didn't have time to write it, but just want to give the rating to express how much I love this headphone. It is probably the most expansive phone I have ever purchased, (and would not be the last....)   Outlook: Simple but delicate design, High quality metal on the frame, MMCX connection hole suitable for most DIY or Upgrade cables, Unbelievably light weight, Feel almost nothing on the head, Reasonable clamping force, Open Can design is good for prolong usage without sweating the ears, Extremely comfortable ear pads, like memory foam pillow on your ears.     Sound: My Audio Setup  ...
kstuart

Excellent balanced and 3-dimensional sound ; can have fit issues

I auditioned the SRH-1840 straight out of the box, and was unsatisfied with the sound, so I decided to give them a period of break-in. Recent scientific studies have shown definite differences between new headphones and used headphones in frequency response. Of course, "better" is a subjective impression outside the realm of science, but the studies confirm that reviewers are not imagining things. I tried them again after about 20 hours of break-in and there was definite improvement in several areas of sound quality. So, I continued the break-in process. I finally ended up with about 100 hours of break-in and I have to say that it sounds to me that the break-in made a difference all...
dweaver

Wonderfully detailed balanced headphone without breaking the bank

Pros: detailed, transparent, efficient

Cons: headband padding a bit thin

I recently purchased a pair of SRH-940 and was very taken with their sound, enjoying their open presentation and level of detail. So when presented with an opportunity to hear and review the SRH-1840 I jumped at the chance even though I knew I could not afford the flagship headphone at the moment.   The headphones I am reviewing are someone’s private headphone and have well over 100hrs of use on them so I burned them in for 20 hours after my initial listen just to see if there was any change sonically and after being satisfied there was no change in sound I started to do some critical listening.   Before I get to the sound of these, let’s talk about the basics.   The...