Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Shure SRH1540 Headphones › Shure SRH1540 Headphones Reviews

Shure SRH1540 Headphones Reviews

hodgjy

Excellent at their price point (edit 2/28/14 and 3/19/14)

Pros: Bass, mids, smooth and clear treble, comfort

Cons: Poorly recorded tracks can suffer bass bloat

**I edited this review on 2/28/14 to include some new thoughts.  I placed the edits at the bottom of this review**   This review is a little unique for me.  Firstly, I'm more comfortable and experienced at writing reviews of amplifiers and DACs.  Writing a headphone review is a new thing for me.  Secondly, this is my first foray into premium closed headphones.  I've heard many closed cans in my day, but my premium cans have always been open.  This is my first attempt at analyzing flagship closed cans.   Review system:   Trafomatic Head One and Schiit Bifrost Uber.  Apple lossless files fed to Bifrost via coax.     Ok,...
kimvictor

New Closed Back Flagship!

Pros: Comfort, Smooth sound, build, looks, most things.

Cons: Slight lack of isolation(when compared to pleather or leather)

Full Review Here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/702042/shure-srh1540-full-review
gelocks

Shure's newest closed-back flagship but is it all its meant to be?

Pros: Comfortable, great built (similar to SRH1840), excellent pads, pleasant sound quality, imaging/separation and accessories.

Cons: Bass is elevated and intrudes on lower mids, isolation a bit weak for a closed headphone, leaks sound, price.

Introduction:   Shure oh, Shure. Have to reiterate, I'm a Shure Fan. Like their microphones, loved their headphones. Was a fan of the SRH440/940 combo when I had them, liked (but did not own) their SRH840 offering and definitely needed to try their open-back "flagship" SRH1840s and did for a while last year. So of course when I read that a new closed-back flagship was about to be released, I got pumped and waited for availability. As soon as they were "In-Stock", I placed the order. It just sounded like a promising entry, you know, SRH1840 style and design, alcantara earpads, and the only thing I was questioning was: are these going to sound as excellent...