Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones › Reviews › Radio_head's Review

Ribald urchin of Lurid antipathy

A Review On: Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones

Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones

Rated # 83 in Headphones
Radio_head

Pros: There is nothing this headphone is not good at. If you perceive it as inadequate, it is your own inadequacies you are sensing.

Cons: Shurely you must be joking.

I have spent many years as an audiophile and even more as an amateur human being.  I have owned, auditioned, or sri-racha'd pretty much every headphone that ever was, is, or will be.  Forget the HD800.  Forget the LCD-2.  Forget Grado and Beyer and AKG.  Now that you've forgotten all the good headphones you've heard, doesn't that make this headphone the best of what's left in your decimated memory?

As a single male paralyzingly afraid of commitment, I can empathize with Shure and their decision to include a detachable cable.  These headphones are comfortablenot so much to wear, but personality-wise.  I feel very at-ease with them around.  I suggest buying them for cheap relatives.

Imaging: The Shure SRH 420 is the king of imaging in the headphone world.  I routinely wear these whilst listening to images, and I can confidently say I am less "inside my own head" when wearing them.  When listening to sounds it envelopes me and swaddles me in the slanket of sound that is music, life, and love.

When listening to the 420, it is easy to imagine it is plugged in even though I can't afford an ipod.  All I need to do is close my eyes and I imagine what music must sound like, played by real performers.  This is hard to do, as I have been deaf since birth and am the last human left on a post-epileptic earth ravaged by war, famine, and underpopulation.

This whole review is kind of a meaningless exercise in communication.  As the last human, no one will read my words.  This is more about sending something out while on ether, into the inky black void that is the tattered remnants of the internet in the year 2016.  If there is only something to say when there is someone to say it to, then language and all hit has to say will die with me.  I'd like to think it will somehow live on in some form as a primitive medium of information when the Pzarlings find this planet.  They communicate telekinesthetically.

Finally, there are many headphones out there that are like the mannequins that I dress up and have ventriloquist conversations with.  They measure well and are technically perfect, but they are lifeless, with no soul.  Don't get me wrong, that doesn't stop me from having a deep and sexual relationship with them, but something's missing.  I don't want to come off as another inanimaphobe, but that's just my experience.

If anyone reading this is thinking of buying an M-50, please contact me.  I don't mind if you are deformed by the nuclear holocaust or a super-computer who has achieved some form of organic, sentient thought, just please contact me so that I have someone to argue audio with.

You, sir, have just won an infinite number of Internets and a bucketful of WIN!
Do I need amp?
 Nope, it will sound better than a Stax 009 right out of an iPod!
  Shurely , you jest , Shurely
And, does it really matter?
Do you have any samples? I need one to throw at the cat next door that likes to ruin my back yard.
I am always looking for freebies, or, is that frisbies? Doesn't matter as long as the fractious feline feels faint from flying fetid flugzeit.

Can you be a little more specific as to what this sonic marvel's strengths are?
I am having a very dificult time distinguishing between these units and beats and iBuds as to which has the more obnoxious presentation.

Knowing you to be the renowned and revered appraiser of all things audio, I await your pronouncement with avid glee and eager anticipation.
After all, I would not wish to stun a miscreant moggy with anything but the best, lest some maladjusted wildlife lover has me hauled before the judiciary on counts of animal cruelty and xenophobia, amongst others.

I have it on good authority that Quincyy Joness uses AKG's (Korean AK47?) to keep his local wildlife in check.

Beats me how the beats could be useful for anything, especially audio related.
I can see how the new Abyss could leave it's mark, but financial considerations dictate otherwise.
Please, forward your recommendations post haste as the felis catus is rubbing me the wrong way.

Beats me how the beats could be useful for anything, especially audio related.
I want whatever he's taking.
you, sir, have golden ears, I have been trying my hardest to listen to an image while looking at it with nothing plugged in, I couldn't hear anything. I probably need to get my ears checked by an audiologist asap. however, I have tried listening to the stereo plug using my headphone as source and it sounded wonderful, I would recommend doing that on a stage as it dramatically increases the soundstage.