Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones Images

Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones Images

1 - 16 of 16 photos
My pair of Shure SRH440 with the SRH940's velour pads. This picture shows the foam insert that deepens the back of the cup. Note that there is no foam at the front of the cups, angling the driver forward.
May 14, 2012
My setup in December 2012.
Dec 22, 2012
My Shure SRh440 with SRH940's velour pads. This shot shows the foam inserts that deepens the back of the cups.
May 14, 2012
Shure SRh440 in pieces. Most of it is plastic. I was fooled in thinking it was tougher built that that. Quite a disappointment.
May 16, 2012
Jun 21, 2012
Hacking SRH440 headband, step #1. Taking everything apart. I used a sharp knife to cut one of the seam holding the pleather of the headband together.
Jun 27, 2012
Hacking SRH440 headband, step #2. Reassembly of the bare minimum. All the parts shown over the headphones are useless parts I didn't put back on.
Jun 27, 2012
My desk, showing my soldering station. Also shown is the custom headphone stands I made. These are wardrobe pole hangers cut at 90 degrees from the base with a piece of plastic taped on top.
Apr 18, 2012
Hacking SRH440 headband, step #3. Mounting the Sennheiser HD650's headband pad to the SRH440 headband. I used double faced tape, because it's quick and dirty. I'll probably get something better to make it more permanent.
Jun 27, 2012
Hacking SRH440 headband, step #4. PROFITS! All the useless junk I removed from the headphone weights 63 grams. But then I added the new pad and the tape. So currently my SRH440 is 58 grams less than it was.
Audio-gd NFB-12 with stock LED
Mar 18, 2012
Final modification applied to the headband of my SRH440. I trimmed the pleather from the stock abomination they called a headband, and stitched it to the ledges of the HD650 headband cushion. The earpads are SRH940's pads.
Jul 28, 2012
Latest modification to my set. See the 3 holes inside the white donut? Stock there's a single one. I added 2 more. This extended the low end response. There's now more deep bass, but it didn't raise the overall bass volume. The balance is just right. It also widened and deepened the soundstage - somehow. They sound more like speakers now, which is to say they are less fatiguing.
Mar 9, 2013