Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear) › Shure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear) Reviews

Showing 7 4-star reviews (see all 8 reviews)

ayaflo

amazing!

Pros: clarity, space, quality, build, isolation

Cons: treble extension, presentation is very tip dependant

>>(first impressions)   >>as tyl herstens said - "Ahhh! Someone slipped liquid gold into my ears! The genies at Shure did some         real magic here." >>just wonderful ...handsome bass , rich and forward mids , in-offensive treble                   Impressions after 6 months :-   I thought of pimping this review and adding on to the above after a full 6 months of listening .   I hated the Shure Olives at first, so started using the flex tips that came with it for most of this period except recently when i switched back on to the olives and came...
Sonic Ecstasy

The STELLAR Shure SE535!

Pros: Incredibly spacious sound-stage, deep and extended low-end, amazingly smooth and clear mid-range, bright and lively high-end.

Cons: Price (for most), ruthlessly merciless to poor sources and source materials.

Received these beauties around early february, I then proceeded to initially connect them to my Nokia Lumia 800 and was moderately impressed by the sound quality. Before taking the leap to purchase these, I had read multiple reviews from Head-Fi.org and Google, suffice to say I was not thoroughly impressed with these; it sounded slightly muddy and distorted which prompted the realisation that I had just wasted my money ordering these from a Hong Kong retailer. I refused to give up yet, and my persistence on the web revealed that the Nokia Lumia 800 was infamous for its atrocious music playback quality.   I then decided to invest in a high-end portable audio player and...
luisdent

sweet iem

Pros: great bass and mids

Cons: less than ideal treble

Comparing a bunch of universal IEMs, I'd rate the Shure se535 as one of the top tier choices.  There are a few issues, but how much these affect you will be dependent on each person's ears physically and audibly.   Basically, I find the shure 535 to be a very pleasant smooth sweet sounding IEM with the major points being bass and midrange.  The bass isn't basshead level or really that prominent per se, but it is very nice.  I find that it is relatively level with the mid range, with the mid range standing out a bit as being more "forward".  But the midrange doesn't really interfere with the bass.  It is almost as though you hear through the midrange to...
SursumCorda

Amazing all-round IEM

Pros: Good bass thump, good highs/mids, easy to drive

Cons: Can be uncomfortable, the cord can be anoying

DISCLAIMER: I am an audio appreciator, not an Audiophile. I hope.   IEM BACKSTORY: I owned a pair of Shure 215s for a few days before I picked these up. My initial reaction to the 215s was disapointment. They provided great isolation, but the sound seemed flat to me. I purchased the Shure 215s to replace Sennheisers IE7. (Which is why they felt "flat" to me I think!) Currently I alternate from the 535s and Westone 4Rs.   VALUE: I bought these in Korea, so I paid too much for them. That said, I'd say a good price point for them would be 350-400ish. That might be because I don't like to spend money. Value-wise, they feel really well made and the sound is good. The...
Theolliellama

Shure SE535

Pros: great sound, great entry to audiophiledom

Cons: stiff cable

this was my first audiophile product and for any considering audiophiles, its worth the pain of purchase