Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Shure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones › Shure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones Reviews

Shure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones Reviews

breezy_amar

Excellent sound

Pros: very engaging, clarity, isolation

Cons: cables become stiff and crack over time

I have owned these for about 3 years, during which they were replaced twice because the cables snapped (a well known problem for these earphones)  I use them with a sony mp3 player and with the black foam tips. They isolate outside noise very well using these tips.    Now onto the sound signature. These earphones really emphasise the mid range of the sound spectrum, meaning the mids are much more prominant than the highs and the lows. Using a rock song for an example, this results in guitars and vocals sounding more prominant than the drums and bass.    What this type of sound signature does for songs is very nice. To me me most of the emotion of a song is in the guitars and...
maverickronin

Simply Amazing

Pros: Smooth mids, Deep bass, Incredible detail

Cons: Cables may not be the most durable

Amazing detail, incredibly smooth mids, and deep bass are these 'phones defining characteristics. The only real weakness might be the slightly rolled off highs, but it's not a huge deal. I find it makes them less fatiguing. Also the bass while deep, is flat all the way down to DC and not over emphasized. To some people this is a feature, to others it's a bug, ultimately it just comes down to preferences. I don't have the huge breadth of knowledge and experience needed to compare these to others in the same price range but I can say that if you like the the Shure 'house sound', then you'll love these. I've had, Shure E2cs, heard E3cs, and these can be described as the same, but better. I...