Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE425 Earphone › Reviews › rustablad's Review

Awaiting new pair

A Review On: Shure SE425 Earphone

Shure SE425 Earphone

Rated # 28 in Universal Fit
rustablad

Pros: n/a

Cons: n/a

**--DECIDED MY PAIR IS DEFECTIVE--**  I was frustrated when i wrote the review

-D

either you are not ready for this much of details and you expected some thing else , or may be its broken or fake , it dont have big bass , but it has a full bodied mid and highs are good too . consult with the seller or shure , have you tried different ear tips ? and shures are over priced for the performance except srh440 . there are better ones with lower price and some of them are dba-2 , gr01 but vsonic gr07 will do it for you , cuz i think dynamic drivers suits you best .
Either your fit is completely wrong, or you got a dud. The 425's are slightly mid forward - but also quite nicely detailed, and the last thing I would call them is muddy. They are not bassy iems - the 425's never were - in fact of all the xx5 series I'd say they are probably the most neutral.
I know i must have a bad pair or i'm insane, i hate too much bass. I must give shure a call, then i'll update my review.
my 425 had slightly excessive bass. (compared to most iems seeming rolled off )
I hope that it does turn out something wasn't quite right - and that Shure replaces them with a good pair (I've found that their service is pretty good). The 425's are genuinely a nice and very underated IEM in my opinion. I really hope you get a chance to enjoy them!