Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE215 › Shure SE215 Reviews

Shure SE215 Reviews

Fuzaken

Great Prive to Performance

Pros: Good mids, decent bass, great build, removable cable, isolation, comfort

Cons: May not fit some people, removable cord socket can get flimsy,

These were my first entry level IEMs which I purchased after growing sick of the horrible sound of iPod earphones, bundled earbuds and $20 buds from electronics stores And I must say, it was more than well worth the money, still working perfectly albeit with some wear and tear on the wires, but nothing major. The sound quality for the price is awesome, matching and even surpassing some that are twice the price that I've auditioned. All in all, if you're looking for your first IEM, these are a great place to start
jakobdam

V-shaped and a little closed

Pros: Powerful bass, good resolution, good value for money, nice fit, excellent sealing

Cons: Lack of mid-tones, sound stage too small (in your head sound), some users have issues with cable weldings

First, we must remember the price point. In Denmark, they compete with the likes of Beyer Dynamic MMX-101ie, Sony XBA-2, Creative Aurvana 3, AKG K-350 etc...   Accessories supplied in the box: The earbuds are all of a pretty good quality, and they make a really good sealing, which can be hard to come by. The transporting case is nice too.   Sound signature: Clearly V-shaped, but it's not like the mids are without detail. Indeed, resolution is very good even for the mids, but the signature is very minded to the broader population, which means that unplugged, choir-works, jazz and classical, will sound too fullfilling. Fx. Palestrina's Pope Marcellus Mass sounds like...
devaeron

what now?

gear: SGS2 with MIUI Rom music player Go Vibe's Vest Dacport LX + Objective 2   put these iem's into sgs2 and already doing nice give some portable amplifier/dac, in this case i'm using govibe vest and she's already doing great put some better amplification and dac, and my ear says that she's a marvelous player
Tangster

Good introduction into audiophile IEMs

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, great isolation, excellent soundstage and mids, good bass, detachable cable

Cons: Some issues with the cable(below)

Pros: Quite cheap (I paid £69) Soundstage is fantastic at this price The detachable cable is a great addition at this price point and ensures a much easier repair if the cable fails. The provided foam tips are incredibly isolating and not exactly cheap if you try and buy them separately! Wonderful for vocal music, mids are very good. Surprisingly bassy, it's not overpowering, but it's certainly there and is quite detailed. Possibly too much bass for some. No sibilence in the highs.   Cons: The cable to earbud connector is fragile. Don't take the cables off without good reason. No memory wire for the section of cable that goes...
Oeufdepoire

An excellent set of IEMs

Pros: Isolation, comfort, sturdiness, sound

Cons: Soft case, connections oxidize and this causes sound to cut

Everything written here is totally subjective. Review updated a year and half after purchasing the IEMs.   IMPORTANT : THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE CORD AND THE EARPHONES ARE NOT GOLD-PLATED, THEY'RE MADE OF COPPER. THEY OXIDIZE, AND THIS MAY CAUSE SOUND TO CUT. DEOXYDIZE ONCE IN A WHILE WITH A PAINTBRUSH.   I'm reviewing the clear version, but it doesn't change anything, excepted than my review is more visible here (by the way, the clear and black version of these IEM should be put together into one "SE215" category).   - They isolate very well with foam sleeves. Be careful when wearing them in town, look around you, they prevent you from hearing...
bigmandan

SE215's... WOW

Pros: Price, sound quality

Cons: roll-off on the highs a minor annoyance with some types of music

Really nice bass.  Not overbearing mids are great.  Never heard vocals so clear before on IEMs highs are okay, roll-off not too steep. very comfortable nice selection of sleeves nice carrying case comes with a cleaning tool! excellent price/performance ratio   Overall a great buy, and I would highly recommend these IEM's for everyday use.
Davis4Ever

Solid Entry Level Sound

Pros: Price, Bass, Isolation

Cons: Cord, Soft Case

My first "Pro" set of IEM's. I guess I am only 2 days into this set of Shure 215's but I have enjoyed every note of my music experience. Sound Isolation is great, although I am comparing to mass market IEM's (Bose, Griffin, Apple IEM's). Price is by far the best part, at $99 I really don't think you can challenge this IEM for value. I was also impressed by the Bass. It doesn't get muddy and can kick a bit with the right playlist. I noticed that the case seems to be a touch too small for all this cord, and it's a soft case where I would prefer more protection. The cord is VERY long. I appreciate a longer than normal cord, but this thing has to be almost 6 feet long.   Overall...
Codefox

Love them

Pros: Isolation, value, comfort, overall sound, nice bass

Cons: Early units may have defects (resolved now)

I'm just going to say now that I'm not nearly an audiophile.  So my evaluation of earphones is pretty limited to what sounds nice to me.  I used to have a pair of Shure SE210s before moving to some Monster Turbines last year.  While I discovered that I loved the sound of the Turbines, I was really missing the incredible isolation of Shure.  Since I travel heavily for work, isolation is something that's really important to me!  Then, of course, not long after I got the Turbines the SE215s came along.  It was like the best of both worlds.  The warm, full sound that the dynamic drivers give and the awesome isolation of the Shures.  Actually the...
Ossi09

I'm in love with them!

TERRIFIC HEADPHONES!! Love them! you have to give them a few hours to let them record themselves to get use of the best quality...overall they are fantastic! The sound quality is amazing!