Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE215 › Reviews › squallkiercosa's Review

I hope this will be the future of IEMs

A Review On: Shure SE215

Shure SE215

Rated # 2 in Universal Fit
squallkiercosa
Posted · Updated · 31474 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Decent sound quality, detachable cable, sealed (not vented), strong bass response, reinforced cable, did I mention detachable cables?

Cons: Expensive mic cable, despairing treble response, swiveling mechanism can be annoying, the ear pieces are quite big for the small dynamic driver

I don't consider them nice or even fun thinking about sound, but every time I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend.

The Shure isolates incredibly well, just like an Etymotic without the (tips reaching my brain) sensation. I was amazed to see such an extraordinary achievement in a non-vented dynamic driver. I haven’t heard anything like it (leaving aside BA)

The Shure sound natural despite the treble attenuation, guitars sound more or less right but the bass bump is discouraging (not a bass heavy person) A proper description will be like a musician from a pop band: He might play like a pro but never will be at the center of the stage.

I just hope to see more IEMs in a few years like this one.

Comments: