Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE215 Special Edition › Shure SE215 Special Edition Reviews

Shure SE215 Special Edition Reviews

NShinryu

Fantastic bass emphasised IEM, an improvement over it's popular predecessor.

Pros: Great bass reponse and isolation, fatiguing sound, robust build quality, detachable cable.

Cons: Bass is a bit overwhelming at times, difficult to get used to fit, rolled off treble not for everyone.

As I'm looking to move up in the world of IEMs, I'm taking a look back at one of my first big steps in audio.    Having burned through multiple pairs of Skullcandys and Sennheiser CX300-500s and having got a taste for high end audio from my first full sized cans, I set out to get a pair of IEMs with durability as priority number one while also sounding great.   The SE215LTDs absolutely deliver on both fronts. Built like tanks, these things have survived serious beatings and have been used for running and have been slept on.  The inclusion of a detachable cable in their design means that to truly break them you'd have to break the earpieces...
HeretixAevum

My first IEMs, and I'm quite impressed

Pros: Basshead sound that's actually articulate!, Well built, Secure fit, Awesome colour, Removable cable, Great isolation, Accessories

Cons: Tips are annoying to fit and remove, Fit is finicky until you get used to it

As an upgrade to my portable setup, I decided that I would buy my first pair of proper IEMs. My only prior experience with IEMs were with freebies that came with phones and the like, which were needless to say, awful. I honestly wasn't quite shure (Sorry about that, had to get the obligatory Shure pun out the way) what to expect in terms of performance level, but I was very pleased indeed!   The SE215 Special Editions come well accessorised. Included is a small zip-up carry pouch with room for the IEMS and spare ear tips to fit nice and snug. 6 pairs of tips are included, 3 foam (the famous shure 'olive' tips) and 3 silicone in S, M and L sizes, as well as a wax...
TherryK13

Great allrounder IEM

Pros: Good bass, perfect mids, great built quality, nice fitting

Cons: Could use a bit more high, took time to get used to the fitting

This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things considered. I used this cans for travelling, on the go commuting, and basically anytime i wanted to hear music. It comes with nice packed up box with all the bits and pieces needed, 3 pairs of silicon tips and 3 pairs of Shure Oil Foam, carrying zipper pouch. Soundwise it has a great sound with nice bass and a magnificent mids, but it lacks the high needed to compliment the other, the fitting is nice once you get used to it, and the best of all is it's isolation whice really like. All in all, great...
Landon Watson

Pretty good for what I paid.

Pros: flashy look, good bass

Cons: can be a bit pricy (160+/-)

Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for them, but in the price range theryre at now, I would hesitate.