Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure SE102MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Earphones / Headset › Shure SE102MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Earphones / Headset Reviews

Shure SE102MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Earphones / Headset Reviews

jcksa

Great Value for Performance

Pros: Short cable form factor, good fidelity

Cons: Sure wrap around ear design

The Sure SE102 are great entry level premium IEMs. The fidelity is above most in the price range. Comfortable in ear. The Sure wrap around ear form factor is always a bit annoying. I loved the short cord extension cord design. Great when you don't need a long cord hangin on you. Like when you just want to put your phone/player in a shirt pocket or plug them into a clip-on bluetooth device like the Sony Ericcson MW600.
autumnholy

First better IEM

Pros: good clarity due to lesser bass

Cons: no frequency stands out as "good".

It was a historic IEM for me, although it does mark itself as the first "better" iem that I've ever purchased since the $25 Sony In-ears. I can't comment anything now, because it has been such a long time since I heard it.   Just from what I've remembered, an un-amped SE102 has little mid bass hump, is generally light in lows, and neutral vocals. That's for what I can remember clearly.
jlopes89

Surprised!!

Pros: low price, nice mic for cell phone use

Cons: sq (but consider the price)

I bought these initially for the mic section (earphone section can be detached from the mic section) so that I can use them with other iems for my smart phone. The phone adapter can be purchased from Shure for $50, so $10 extra seemed like a good deal to pick up an extra pair of earphones. The build quality is nice, cables are a little wide and stiff but appears to offer sturdy, tough performance. Now here's the surprise. Based on many reviews, these iems have been condemned to having poor bass, "anemic" as some as described. However, after a regimen of over 100 hours of burn-in using a combination of pink noise, white noise and stepped frequency treatment, and finding the right plugs...